Spend Money & Lose Treasure Hunt - Buyer Beware

Options
drahcir61
drahcir61 Posts: 22 Level 2

I've read the Candy Crush forum response to others who lost Treasure Hunt. I'm sure features do "come & go" but my experience 4 days ago tells another story. After seeing a $0.99 USD deal for 50 gold bars & an assortment of inventory items, I "splurged" & spent 99 cents. The very next day Treasure Hunt did not show up, neither did any other commercial videos that would have helped me replenish inventory. Today, four days later & Treasure Hunt is still gone; unwilling to spend any more REAL money to replenish my inventory & I'm toast.

Treasure Hunt disappearing (after being available every single day since I started playing last year) is not a coincidence or a case of a "come & go" feature, sorry that does not add up.

What does add up is King/Candy Crush has algorithms built in & I stepped in the dog poo. Why give inventory away for free (by watching ads) when you have a gullible player who will spend money?

But here's the irony & flawed logic, if they had just let Treasure Hunt continue for me, I'd still be a happy player & yes, once in awhile I might spend a few dollars too. At this point I will NEVER spend another penny & most likely delete this profile & start all over again.

Lastly, I've only been playing about 11 months … level 9846, I average about 250-300 wins per week. I won the 2nd knockout last night, & I have a consecutive episode race winning streak of 464 races (that's 464 consecutive 15 game episode wins) … aka I haven't lost a 15 game race in about six months (I say that only to add reference to someone who KNOWS how to play this game very effectively & also someone who managed finance, strategic planning, & IT for many years.

Moral of the story, talk to someone at King who understands your business/strategic planning & advise them that by eliminating a free feature once someone makes a purchase is a really stupid idea, as you'll only piss them off.

Best Answer

Answers

• gilligan322
    gilligan322 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Answer ✓
    Options

yup. Same thing happened to me. I’m at 15,000. Think I’m done with this.

• drahcir61
    Options

I am too, I just requested they cancel my account. I'm still shaking my head how stupid they are. As I said, if they had just kept Treasure Hunt & my ability to add inventory all would be good, happy camper & more than likely I would have spent a few bucks here and there. Instead, they got my 99 cents & no more … brilliant business model. 🤣

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 34,804 Candy Moderator
    edited April 18
    Options

Hello @drahcir61🤗 A Warm Welcome to the King Community!

I did see many complaints about losing Ads when a purchase is made! I do not purchase items in my game(s), and neither have Ads!

But, Treasure Hunt is a feature - which should not be affected by the purchases! I am assuming that the feature must be switched off for you too just like most of us!

I am thinking that, soon, you might be receiving another feature called "sweet cinema" - which is similar to Treasure Hunt, but we receive only 4 / 5 boosters (there are 2 variations in this feature)!

• drahcir61
    Options

My understanding is that Sweet Cinema preceded Treasure Hunt & Sweet Cinema is being phased out. My wife had Sweet Cinema when I first joined last year, she didn't understand why I had Treasure Hunt. But just last week Sweet Cinema disappeared on her app & was replaced with Treasure Hunt.

Either way, it is no coincidence that Treasure Hunt or other "free" features disappear as soon as you pay money. Again, their logic is flawed … if they want you to spend more money once in awhile the last thing you do is annoy, irritate, or piss off your customer by removing a very popular feature.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 34,804 Candy Moderator
    Options

My understanding is that Sweet Cinema preceded Treasure Hunt & Sweet Cinema is being phased out. My wife had Sweet Cinema when I first joined last year, she didn't understand why I had Treasure Hunt. But just last week Sweet Cinema disappeared on her app & was replaced with Treasure Hunt.

At first, I thought the same too!

I am playing Candy Crush from 10+ years! I received Sweet Cinema feature few years ago. Last year, it was replaced by Treasure Hunt. But, couple of months ago, it was reverted back to Sweet Cinema.

When I asked our Community In-charge, I was informed that the Treasure Hunt is still in testing! Since, I have been experiencing these tests from a while, I thought, that is what's happening in your game too!

Please see if you receive either of the feature in next couple of weeks! If not, please post back and I will try to find out an update from the Community In-charge!

• drahcir61
    Options

Interesting about the two features but again, the loss of Treasure Hunt for me (& apparently others) is not a coincidence or someone turning the feature off due to "testing". There is a direct … & undisputable correlation … between a player making a purchase & then that player loses the free feature of watching ads to replenish inventory.

Less than 24 hours after spending 99 cents the Treasure Hunt feature was no longer available, period, full stop.

That is an automatic algorithm that flagged me as someone who paid real money & the result was to shut off the free feature.

As I've said, I get it … if you identify someone who is willing to pay money for inventory, then stop giving the inventory away for free. They assume we will keep spending money. That is a foolish assumption & the results are users fed up & cancelling their accounts.

• gilligan322
    gilligan322 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I was shut out of sweet cinema and treasure hunt, somehow I had both features. I wrote to them and they have not answered, just told me to search the community for answers. Very frustrated, never spent a dime, spent 99 cents at a level greater than 15K and have played this since the beginning. 🙄

• LaurieYN
    LaurieYN Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I agree with you 100%, this is NOT a coincidence. I am at level 15K+, made a $1.99 purchase and lost Ads, Treasure chest, booster wheen spin, etc. I will never spend another cent and I am ready to delete my account. The levels are impossible. I've been stuck on same one for a week.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,629 Level 5
    edited May 13
    Options

Well yes, @LaurieYN we have been warning about this time and again in this community here. Have you not seen any of our warnings? I even tested the theory out to see if it could be a coincidence: In two separate accounts I made purchases and two days later all ads disappeared. So yes, it is definitely true and not a coincidence. It's such as shame you came this far before making a purchase and losing your ads. However, the booster wheel is not affected, and you should get other events as well. If you are missing all events, then force close the app and reopen and play a few old levels and events should come back.

• drahcir61
    Options

To follow up, I deleted my first account & created a new one. After 3 1/2 weeks I'm now at 1100+, winning over 400 games this week & 24 consecutive episode wins. The good news is just last night, after losing a game I was surprised to see ads return to allow me additional moves. Watch one ad & get 2 moves, watch another ad & get another move, watch the 3rd ad & get another 2 moves. So I watched the 3 ads & got 5 additional moves which allowed me to win the game & more importantly NOT use gold bars.

I say this because up until last night I had not seen any ads at all. I'm hopeful that as I continue to play more ads might become available to replenish inventory. The hot air balloon moving across the screen would be nice, even better would be the return of Treasure Hunt … time will tell.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?