New Season, New Me

Options
13»

Comments

• PyroIllumination
    PyroIllumination Posts: 66 Level 2
    edited May 23
    Options

Ya there will be 4 or so chocolate levels scattered here and there.

You will have to tell me what you think of the Nightmarish and Legendary Gumball levels. I found them to be brutal.

You will be happy to know, 1341 has not been changed yet… lol.

Did I mentioned how good super charged wrapped candies are? That 3x3 means you can hit stuff with them even if there is a stupid hatchling in the way of the regular blast.

Also I am jelly about how many more boosters you get on mobile.

That would be 0/1/0 for the last row if you were on the win app 200

I also noticed that my win streak slightly improved. I have 2 extra turns for my second bag now, before it was one. Not sure if that was an update or just passing 100.

• PyroIllumination
    edited May 23
    Options

Space reserved because the forum is being weird again :D

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,862 Level 5
    Options

Yes I did well with events. Got Season Pass of course, which I think you don't get, and I got to the top of that two weeks because I played slowly. I have the friend challenge, which gives good boosters as well:

Oh, and just today the Top That challenge and Gold club leaderboard has just arrived now! How exciting!

• christinewupp
    Options

I'm not sure I understand the supercharged wraps. I have them in another game and they just seem to explode like normal wraps but spawn another wrap? Or am I missing something?

Level 205 with the gumball machines I passed using the first two starting boosters and win streak boosters, on my last move. Level 207 is the one holding me up instead! Timed wrap/stripe and colour bomb from events were no use, I tried the fishes as well, but no good and need to now wait for my lives to refresh (and my phone to charge as well).

• PyroIllumination
    edited May 24
    Options

Unless they are trying stuff out for the supercharge, what I have is:

1. Match a wrapped = 3x3 then a 5x5 explosion . That second explosion makes all the difference since the first explosion usually is not in the ideal spot. Also you hit 16 more candy.
    2. Striped and Wrapped = 5x5 pattern. You hit a whole bunch more candy
    3. Double Wrapped = 5x5 and 5x5 I think. This one is really hard pick out. Still not 100% sure.

The supercharged effect makes it much harder to notice what is happening on the board.

The main reason it is so good is the game is built around a 3x3 width explosion/pattern. Since the supercharged are bigger it means you can hit stuff across a single tile gap that was designed to make the 3x3 pattern miss.

Basically the supercharge is, with a single streak win, more powerful that having both the color bomb and striped and wrapped pre game boosters active and for 6 less gold to boot.

Well that was random

At 1500 the updated levels are back to normal. 1504 is a bit of a shock haha.

• christinewupp
    edited May 25
    Options

My latest and possibly last update on my new season game. I got to level 306 with 681 gold and this inventory:

For any doubters, yes I achieved this purely within the way the game has allowed me to pass levels and awarded rewards in events. Each episode race earns me 40 gold now. The gold chocolate box rewards 20 gold. The friends challenge pays out hammers and UFOs quite reliably. And I just finished the last puzzle challenge, which also gave out a UFO. Apart from Season Pass those are my only events. No adverts in this one.

My strategy for levels 200-305: Play starting boosters for every nightmarishly hard and legendary level, no boosters for the other levels excepting the timed boosters from the daily treat machine and playing two episodes per day. ( I think maybe if you play too fast the game senses it and tries to slow you down?)

Yes, the gumball machine levels: I sort of don't mind them as I like a change, a new element. And the game was kind this week: All of the nightmarish or legendary levels let me pass (with the starting and win streak boosters) on my last or second to last move. Level 284 I had to play a UFO to pass. Level 270 was not possible, but I passed after 10 gold for 5 extra moves on my first try. 305 I risked playing without stripe/wrap as I'd run out and it still worked just with the other two boosters. Some of the other levels held me up and lost me my win streak, but on those I reliably got a lucky board on my second try!

Yes, it's definitely more about WHEN you play Candy Crush than about HOW you play. I'm sure another week I'd have had a much harder time!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?