Not the same game

Options
firebott
firebott Posts: 1 Newbie

I started playing this game over 10 years ago and loved how the games fluctuated from hard to easy. Over the past 10 years the game allowed for the ability to collect lives or extra items to help you pass a level. I took a break from the game for about a year due to some life events and have been back with the game for about six months. My level of disappointment is huge. All of the games are skulls (hard level), some of which are too hard to pass. I’ve always enjoyed this game because it was a sense of satisfaction to pass levels. I think with all of the changes I need to step away from the game for an extended period of time, I no longer feel a sense of enjoyment or accomplishment playing.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,746 Level 5
    edited May 23
    Options

Hello @firebott and welcome to the community. What you are writing is completely correct and mirrors what many of us have experienced. The game was changed dramatically by King over the past twelve months. The main change in my opinion is that King took away "lucky boards" from the most difficult levels, which are now labelled as "legendary", so players just get stuck on them until they pay the gold to pass. This really does take away the satisfaction of playing: It has become so obvious that the candies that drop and the boards are fixed and pre determined to either allow us to pass or block us that we feel like puppets rather than agents now when we play Candy Crush.

The game now is designed so that many levels require certain boosters to pass while at the same time King tightly control and have reduced the number of boosters they let us have through events. Apart from Season Pass all the events now require you to play new levels, which is another major change. All this is to ensure players spend money on the game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?