Playing the same game on multiple devices vs multiple accounts

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,877 Level 5

Hi guys. So after having been told that having multiple player accounts is outlawed in Candy Crush for this reason:

"The rule about 'one account per platform' is designed to ensure that all players have a fair and enjoyable experience. It helps us prevent issues such as exploitation of game mechanics and ensures everyone plays by the same rules."

I have decided to play one account on multiple devices, which is officially allowed, to the best of my knowledge. Do any of you have any experience about this? I am finding it very advantageous so far. In fact, it certainly would allow the "exploitation of game mechanics" in a big way….. And how is this fair to players who only won one device, so can't play on two?

Comments

• christinewupp
    Options

I play on an iPad, which has adverts in the game and I have not turned them off (yet) to see how advantageous they actually are. I also play the same account on my iPhone without adverts (I don't get them because of the privacy settings on my phone I think)

The following events synch across both devices: Season Mastery , Champions Race, Season Pass, Chocolate Box, weekly contest, Beat the Buffet

These events are present on both devices but do not synch, so are separate to each device:

Top That, Friends Challenge

I find that a little strange, but with regards to Top Hat this is quite helpful since I can reach the 25 gold tier easily on both devices, so adding 50 gold to the account.

And if I fail a level on the iPhone I can try it on the iPad and use adverts to pass. Quite handy.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,822 Legend
    Options

Hi @christinewupp I use my account across three devices. An android tablet, an android phone and a Windows 11 laptop.

I get adverts on both of my android devices, but I get more on of them on my phone. Strangely my phone has Treasure Hunt and Sweet Cinema and they both work. My tablet just has Sweet Cinema. I get the UFO advert at the end of a level on my phone but not on my tablet.

As noted elsewhere the strange thing about playing on multiple devices is how lives are managed.

I have the max 200 on both of my android devices but only 16 on my laptop. I still haven't figured out how the lives are proportioned out. I definitely receive more on my android tablet, which is the device I first downloaded Saga to, so I wonder if there is some sort of priority for which of your devices receive the lives first.

I use the multiple accounts in the same way that you do. If I get stuck on a level I try it on my phone where the UFO advert is. If that doesn't work I try it on my Laptop because sometimes I seem to be able to complete difficult levels more easily on the Windows device.

• TPS23
    TPS23 Posts: 180 Level 2
    Options

Hello,

I may have answers for how lives are received 😊. I tested this before. When someone sends lives, the lives will go to the device that has the game open at the moment. I sometimes used my spare account to send me lives 🤣 and chose which device I wanted more lives. If multiple devices are active at the same time, then there are probably some priorities. My guess is it will prioritize the device that has played most recently.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,822 Legend
    Options

Thanks @TPS23 I am not sure it is that simple to be honest. Most of the lives I receive I receive when my games are closed. It is very rare I receive lives whilst my game is open, or I am playing.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,930 Level 5
    Options

Such an interesting subject @christinewupp! One account/mutiple devices/platforms, this is the only way I have ever played almost from the start. Everything I read and encountered, seemed to encourage this as the way to play and be most effective in your game. I started to play CCS in July 2013. Playing on the mobile and browser versions together was big conversation and fun in my group of 5 girlfriends back then (old flash version back then). Sorta do not know when people started to think of it as mainly a mobile game, always been a work it together. Nothing has changed.

It is challenging to make things work together or not? As things in the game change so do other things. To me totally fasinating, I am familiar with most of the browsers.

Have multiple accounts actually been outlawed or do they just disqualify a player from competitions? I am a real believer in play your own way and be happy. For me it is a single person game, my game.

I may not be the best player but I certainly have the most FUN! \ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

• TPS23
    Options

If you have a second account that befriended your first account, you can try it. Have one game open (shows the map) no need to play, use the other one to send lives. You will see lives appear in your mailbox.

The way lives sent and requested now is also different from before. To send multiple lives to one friend, you will need to close your game and open again each time. It was much simpler, faster, and more convenient before.

• TPS23
    Options

Hi, I also noticed Top That is not so good at syncing between devices and when it does fun things happen.

I captured one last week when this popped up on my IPad. I mainly played Too That on my phone and restarted the game on my iPad a couple of times until it’s synced.

• christinewupp
    Options

How bizarre this all is! I have noted that claiming the gold prizes on the Top That event does not work for me at all since I play on two devices. I get a "connection error" message and others have reported this, I wonder if the event has a fault because it won't synch on multiple devices. The chocolate box DOES synch, and the last chocolate, which was orange candies, filled up simultaneously on both devices, but the order for the number of colour bombs here is different! I am finding the iPad gives me easier boards this morning, and here the order for colour bombs is higher, but since the event does synch having a different order seems pointless? I will have to check out if the the box moves on after 60 or 80 colour bombs.

• christinewupp
    edited May 31
    Options

There seems to be a mix up with the pre level boosters as well. I have exactly the same win streak on both devices and the same timed booster on both, and yet I get three colour bombs on the iPad. I never choose to watch the advert for the pre level booster, so that can't be the reason, but I have three colour bombs on the iPad here. Another unintended lucky glitch? It's pretty hard to avoid being branded a cheater in this game when it just throws boosters at us for unknown reasons.

the same level, same win streak and same boosters played on iPhone:

• quekkc
    quekkc Posts: 139 Level 3
    Options

From my observation, the first device that you start the game for the day will receive the lives as well as the request for lives. If you want your tablet to receive more live, then always start the game with this tablet first.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?