Booster directions

Options
primb
primb Posts: 20 Level 2

Which boosters go in which direction when you match them? I’m still trying to figure that out. Thanks!

Best Answer

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 7,017 Legend
    edited June 12 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @primb . The striped candies always hit a row the same direction as their stripes. If you match a colour bomb with a striped candy, then all the candies the same colour will turn into striped candies, but the direction they will go we don't know until they go off, so it's a matter of luck which way they will go.

If you hit a striped candy together with a wrapped candy, then three rows will be cleared both vertically and horizontally. This is simultaneous in effect, because the candies don't drop between the vertical and horizontal blast, so it does not matter which way it appears to go first.

If you hit a striped candy with another striped candy, then the match will go off both horizontally and vertically, regardless of which direction the stripes are. This is to illustrate:

On the above screenshot I have an orange and a green striped candy next to one another. They both show horizontal which is irrelevant in this situation. If I smash them together then the candy I move will go off horizontally, and the candy I move into will clear the row vertically that it is in. So if I swipe from left to right the orange into the green, not much will happen because the fishes underneath the green are locked. So the thing to do here is to swipe from right to left, the green stripe into the orange, so then the orange stripe will hit both the purple key and fish as the orange will destroy the entire vertical row.

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 36,510 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello @primb🤗 A Warm Welcome back to the King Community!

That is a very good question!

Let me tag one of our Community players @christinewupp, who uses great strategy in winning her levels, to assist you with this 🌟🌟

• primb
    primb Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options
  • christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 7,017 Legend
    edited June 12 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @primb . The striped candies always hit a row the same direction as their stripes. If you match a colour bomb with a striped candy, then all the candies the same colour will turn into striped candies, but the direction they will go we don't know until they go off, so it's a matter of luck which way they will go.

If you hit a striped candy together with a wrapped candy, then three rows will be cleared both vertically and horizontally. This is simultaneous in effect, because the candies don't drop between the vertical and horizontal blast, so it does not matter which way it appears to go first.

If you hit a striped candy with another striped candy, then the match will go off both horizontally and vertically, regardless of which direction the stripes are. This is to illustrate:

On the above screenshot I have an orange and a green striped candy next to one another. They both show horizontal which is irrelevant in this situation. If I smash them together then the candy I move will go off horizontally, and the candy I move into will clear the row vertically that it is in. So if I swipe from left to right the orange into the green, not much will happen because the fishes underneath the green are locked. So the thing to do here is to swipe from right to left, the green stripe into the orange, so then the orange stripe will hit both the purple key and fish as the orange will destroy the entire vertical row.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?