PLEASE alphabetize our friends list

Frosting
Frosting Posts: 14 Level 2

I know Candy Crush loves the anquish of scrolling, but our friends list needs to be alphabetized. I have no idea what default sort order you use currently but it makes no sense to me. Thx.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,596 Legend

Hello @Frosting , that is an interesting point you are making because my friends list is largely in alphabetical order! This is a portion of it.

Now oddly, you might think, that Nanny C should not appear first in this section, but I happen to know that her real name is Colleen so given that she is in the right place alphabetically. The game seems to know players' original names when they first logged in and sorts them by that order. There are however some outliers at the back of my friends list, which don't seem to fit in at all, including Carol and cookiemae 2. So some of the list seems to be alphabetical and some doesn't.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,135 Legend

@christinewupp @Deryck has said that he thinks the friends list is listed alphabetically, but then split between those people that use a capital letter at the start of their name and those that don't.

Personally I think there is a little bit more to it than that as I have a 'friend' who keeps switching from the start of my list to near the end. The friends name is alain, so based on Deryck's idea he should appear at the lower half of my list. he mostly does, but then every now and again he appears at the top of my list.

Remember that cookiemae is Lillie.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,303 Level 5

Fully agreed, @Frosting. With over 1,400 friends in my list, I can attest the order makes zero sense.

As @Alienscar recalled, my game uses a partial alphabetization of capitals and lower cases. Then towards the bottom are several names that're blank, yet seem to be active, real players:

My guess is they entered their name in foreign characters and King's system can't display on my end. From their card info, the majority of these blank players are Middle Eastern (Egypt, Yemen, Iraq, Israel, etc.)

Then at the very end are actual foreign characters:

So it would appear King alphabetizes the Friends list regionally with different regions having different alphabets.

However, within the correct capitalized names are a bunch of random lower-case names, and vice versa. Then there's:

So yeah, King make head hurty. 🤦‍♂️

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?