What is going on with Candy Crush

Options
1Tammyt
1Tammyt Posts: 6 Level 2

Hi there! I have been playing your game for 10+ years off and on, I am on level 12300 ( approximately). I have qualified for the 3rd round of “knockouts”, which I will not compete in because of a number of discrepancies/ unscrupulous practices I have noticed.
It took me 600 levels ( granted my scores were high) to be “no. 1” in the first two knockouts. I scroll around on the other competitors and I see that some of them are all around level 1000, with one being at level 629. How did they make a third knockout? Seems very unlikely that they could have ended up in the top three of the previous knockouts at those levels—
Also, in the episode races. I have won many, and sometimes held the champions title for up to forty races, the problem is this, I see people or players whom I defeated in the previous race right back in the next champion’s race— the very next race. Impossible. You lose one and then you have to compete three times at a lower level to compete in the champions race again.
I believe these are either egregious errors or intentional riggings.
There are a number of other smaller things I have also noticed, but those were the two biggest at the moment.
In closing, being stuck in “Volcanic Panic” for 15 days is abysmal.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Tammy

Best Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 38,732 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Tammy🙋‍♀️

Let me tag few of our Community Friends who share the same thoughts…

Some of these friends are at the top of the map and it is impossible for them to take part in any special events like Candy Cup, All Stars, etc.,

@Alienscar , @christinewupp , @Carol-38 , @cookiemae , @MannyFae , @Peter_Tornaros , @Peaches12 and @Scooterpie

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 7,830 Legend
    edited July 13 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @1Tammyt and welcome to the community.

About getting to the finals in less than 600 levels:

I made it to the finals playing three episodes, which is 45 levels. I only played one round to get to the final: The second last chance round lasting 48 hours on July 9-11th. This is a strategy a lot of top players use. In theory you can join all the qualifying and knockout rounds and the last chance round late, because there is no limitation on the number of leaderboards created in any of these rounds. This is stated in the Terms and Conditions quite clearly for the Candy Cup this year. The information posted by King states that players will be divided into groups of 30/40/50 players depending on the round, hence one leaderboard gets filled and then the next etc and there is no limit on how many leadership boards are created, so anyone still joining just and hour or two before the end will be assigned a leaderboard and might win it just crushing away for an hour or two. I hope this explains why your competition did not pass as many levels as you in the knockout rounds. The system in the finals is different, which is also stated in the Terms and Conditions. So anyone trying to use this strategy in the final will find themselves a million points behind when they join.

About Champions Race:

This is an illusionary event. You are pitted against recordings of player who King have picked for you to compete again. This is stated by the game if you press on the "i" icon in the event, so it is no secret: Those players you see in the race completed the same levels months ago and therefore it certainly can be possible that the same player is shown more than once. By the way, some other events, notably Candy Royale and Factory Frenzy use the same system of player recordings.

Understanding how the events work and the rules they obey helps me enjoy playing Candy Crush. Clearly you are a good player and have figured out how to win races and succeed in the game even without fully understanding how the events work, which is great. So don't let the fact that much of the game is an illusion take away the fun for you. It's us against the game and so long as you beat the game like you do keep on crushing!

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,420 Level 5
    edited July 13 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj thanks for the tag. I never play Leaderboards even if older levels can be played. Find them too time consuming and I've been stung more than once. I see both @Peaches12 & @christinewupp have answered what was asked wonderfully, so I won't comment on the Episode Race 😊

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 2,072 Level 5
    edited July 13 Answer ✓
    Options

@1Tammyt I know exactly what you are saying. I am at the top level and don't even bother with "competitions" like All Stars, Episode Race, Candy Cup, etc. These events/competitions are designed for fanatics who are willing to part with $$$$ just to win. They are deliberately designed to exclude top level players as they know we will not part with $$$$.

I just play the 45 newly released levels each week and a few side games that are worth the effort. The Season Pass is a side game that is fair to everyone. The Chocolate Box is another.

Thanks for the tag @PummyRaj

Answers

• PummyRaj
    Options

Hello Tammy @1Tammyt🤗 Hearty Welcome to the King Community!

Many of us also are asking these questions from a while now! But, we did not receive any answers from King (yet)!! Since All Stars Tournament, I did notice that they are being a bit strict with the cheaters though!!

I completely agree with you about grouping players from various milestones levels to compete in Weekly Race and Tournaments, any other leaderboard events! This is also one of our long time requests - which we do not have any update😕

I will send your complaint about the Episode Race to our Community In-charge and see what they say! But, you will have to wait till Monday, as they do not work on the weekends. They are overseas, so they have already closed their work!

If you would like to share any other feedback, please post back by typing below🍫🍫

• 1Tammyt
    Options

Thanks for replying! Even if there are no answers.. I appreciate your time!

• PummyRaj
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Tammy🙋‍♀️

Let me tag few of our Community Friends who share the same thoughts…

Some of these friends are at the top of the map and it is impossible for them to take part in any special events like Candy Cup, All Stars, etc.,

@Alienscar , @christinewupp , @Carol-38 , @cookiemae , @MannyFae , @Peter_Tornaros , @Peaches12 and @Scooterpie

• Peaches12
    Peaches12 Posts: 168 Level 3
    Options

The episode race is easy to explain. The other players are not your competition. The clock is. You are the only one playing in the episode race. The others are just recordings of players that have previously played that episode. If you finish the episode in under 24 hours you should win it.

For the Candy Cup, first of all don't trust the player cards. I use them more to check the country the players are in than anything else. I'm in the US on the west coast so I start later than most of my competition and it helps to know when they are sleeping. In my rounds most of the players showed playing more levels in the past seven days than the level they were on. As to competing against players with lower levels, it is hard to say who has the advantage without looking at the map. Even the lower levels can be stuck in an episode with five legendary levels, two nightmare levels, and one extra hard. Some levels don't have the special color candies you need. I think my lowest was four in a level. It will never be fair since players are playing different versions of the game with different advantages such as ads or easier levels or lots of boosters, but hopefully it all evens out in the long run.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 7,830 Legend
    edited July 13 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @1Tammyt and welcome to the community.

About getting to the finals in less than 600 levels:

I made it to the finals playing three episodes, which is 45 levels. I only played one round to get to the final: The second last chance round lasting 48 hours on July 9-11th. This is a strategy a lot of top players use. In theory you can join all the qualifying and knockout rounds and the last chance round late, because there is no limitation on the number of leaderboards created in any of these rounds. This is stated in the Terms and Conditions quite clearly for the Candy Cup this year. The information posted by King states that players will be divided into groups of 30/40/50 players depending on the round, hence one leaderboard gets filled and then the next etc and there is no limit on how many leadership boards are created, so anyone still joining just and hour or two before the end will be assigned a leaderboard and might win it just crushing away for an hour or two. I hope this explains why your competition did not pass as many levels as you in the knockout rounds. The system in the finals is different, which is also stated in the Terms and Conditions. So anyone trying to use this strategy in the final will find themselves a million points behind when they join.

About Champions Race:

This is an illusionary event. You are pitted against recordings of player who King have picked for you to compete again. This is stated by the game if you press on the "i" icon in the event, so it is no secret: Those players you see in the race completed the same levels months ago and therefore it certainly can be possible that the same player is shown more than once. By the way, some other events, notably Candy Royale and Factory Frenzy use the same system of player recordings.

Understanding how the events work and the rules they obey helps me enjoy playing Candy Crush. Clearly you are a good player and have figured out how to win races and succeed in the game even without fully understanding how the events work, which is great. So don't let the fact that much of the game is an illusion take away the fun for you. It's us against the game and so long as you beat the game like you do keep on crushing!

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,420 Level 5
    edited July 13 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj thanks for the tag. I never play Leaderboards even if older levels can be played. Find them too time consuming and I've been stung more than once. I see both @Peaches12 & @christinewupp have answered what was asked wonderfully, so I won't comment on the Episode Race 😊

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 6,318 Legend
    Options

Hi!

Very strange all these because some of them do not seem "logical"!

My first thought is that there are errors!

It is meaningless for some, lets say "hacker" to spend time for this.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 2,072 Level 5
    edited July 13 Answer ✓
    Options

@1Tammyt I know exactly what you are saying. I am at the top level and don't even bother with "competitions" like All Stars, Episode Race, Candy Cup, etc. These events/competitions are designed for fanatics who are willing to part with $$$$ just to win. They are deliberately designed to exclude top level players as they know we will not part with $$$$.

I just play the 45 newly released levels each week and a few side games that are worth the effort. The Season Pass is a side game that is fair to everyone. The Chocolate Box is another.

Thanks for the tag @PummyRaj

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 6,084 Level 5
    Options

I did not get the All Stars Tournament and I did not get the Candy Cup. I have been getting some Episode Races had one last week so far none this week. I do play on my mobile and get notices that events are happening but I have not been getting them.

I read somewhere here in the community forum that competition events are being done more toward the mobile.platfrom. I took a capture of this support message a player received and posted on the community. I found it most interesting. Anyway, I am just playing and hoping for some good side games.

P.S. More good side games, something we can all enjoy! ʕ≧ᴥ≦ʔ

• 1Tammyt
    Options

Thank you again for your time! Scooterpie came back with the most succinct answer 😊— it helps a lot and explains a number of things!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?