This is obvious and problematic

gamer_fc
gamer_fc Posts: 2 Newbie

I've been playing CCS for years, I'm at level 16180, just to give you an idea. Once, you could get help to pass levels by watching ads (for example, you could pass levels by watching 3 ads and getting 6 extra moves and a booster). It's disgusting and obvious how they practically force you to buy gold bars to progress. This has been happening since, for the first time in years of playing, I decided to buy a bundle for €0.99, because I thought it was very convenient and I didn't mind giving €0.99, less than a coffee. Since I made that unfortunate choice, they no longer show me ads to get help, and it's evident that they want me to purchase again. I have no idea who came up with this marketing strategy, but if this situation doesn't change, I will uninstall the game, much to my regret. I just wanted to say that to drive a person who has played 16179 levels to this decision, you must be really messed up.

Best Answer

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,068 Legend
    Answer ✓

You have discovered what a lot of people discover @gamer_fc Once you purchase any booster package you immediately lose all of your advert features. As you say it doesn't make a lot of sense from a customers perspective as in essence it feels like you are being punished for being a good customer rather then rewarded.

The situation of having no adverts will not change for quite some time. One member of this forum said they got their adverts back after three months of waiting, but the majority of people say they never get them back, or they get them back after a year of waiting.

If you are seriously thinking of deleting the game then try not opening the game for a month or two to see if that gets the message across to King.

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,068 Legend
    Answer ✓

You have discovered what a lot of people discover @gamer_fc Once you purchase any booster package you immediately lose all of your advert features. As you say it doesn't make a lot of sense from a customers perspective as in essence it feels like you are being punished for being a good customer rather then rewarded.

The situation of having no adverts will not change for quite some time. One member of this forum said they got their adverts back after three months of waiting, but the majority of people say they never get them back, or they get them back after a year of waiting.

If you are seriously thinking of deleting the game then try not opening the game for a month or two to see if that gets the message across to King.

• Colleen Companion Welsh
    Colleen Companion Welsh Posts: 939 Level 4
    edited July 15

I have been playing Candy Crush for years without any ads for boosters. Recently I created a new Candy Crush account and reset my game to level 1 after reaching level 16400 and now I am getting these ads. Like you, I often wondered why I did not have these ads previously and it was for the exact reason you mentioned because you purchased something. I have read many posts here in the Community from players who have indicated that once the first purchase was made they immediately stopped receiving ads. Welcome to the King Community, have a great day 😊

July 15, 2024 - 11:00 am NST

• gamer_fc
    gamer_fc Posts: 2 Newbie

Thank you for your responses and the welcome :)

I will try to follow your advice and stay away from the game for a while. I'm just sorry to have been punished for making a small purchase.

Have a nice day! 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?