We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Level 255

cdixon2258
cdixon2258 Posts: 6 Level 2

Don’t have enough lives to pass this level. Then if u purchase something then u get a large amount of lives Don’t seem fair to me. What do you think?

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,370 Legend
    edited August 14

Hello @cdixon2258 and welcome to the community! No, Candy Crush is not fair, you are right. I have played the earliest levels many times and each time I play King put in one particular level to make players spend all their gold and boosters. They let you win levels up to 200 so you enjoy the game and think "This is fun and I'm so good at this game" and then suddenly come those legendary levels which you will not pass for many, many attempts.

The way to play these levels is to save up the gold you won from the episode races earlier on, save up your boosters to only play them on the harder levels (nightmarish or legendary) and then use 10 gold bars to pay for the extra moves on levels like 255, which will hold you up for such a long time, but only when the game offers you enough moves for 10 gold, that would be after several failed attempts. This is the way the game is designed now. Legendary levels are designed to be either passed on your first attempt using boosters or on a later attempt using gold bars!

If you have reached level 255 with no gold left there are two choices:

1. Be patient. Play the level again and again and eventually you will get a lucky board that will help you pass. Watch out for any opportunity the game gives you to create striped or wrapped candies or colour bombs, then try to make combos of the special candies, such as a colour bomb/wrap or colour bomb/stripe or a wrap/stripe combo. These are very effective for clearing legendary levels, but you will need to wait for the game to help you create these chances.
    2. Quit the game and start again afresh from level 1. If you are only up to level 255 this might be worth it. When you play again don't spend any gold before level 200. Use boosters only sparingly. If you fail any level before level 200 you are likely to pass on your second attempt because this is written into the game code, so don't waste gold or boosters just to keep your win streak in the early levels.

For what it's worth, usually the game gets easier from level 260 onwards, so if you do persevere and follow the first option then try to win some episode races to earn gold from your next episode. Ignore the other players in the race as they are not real, it is a timed event and if you play the entire episode in 24 hours you will definitely win the gold.

• christinewupp
    edited August 14

So I happened to have a new game going which was approaching level 255 and I have decided to check this level out in the process.

Leading up to level 255 I lost my win streak at level 252. I passed level 252 easily on my second attempt, so I guess this was a deliberate win streak blocker in the lead up to the impossible level.

I had these win streak boosters and played boosters on my first attempt. So I had a pretty much optimum starting position.

My starting board:

So no luck with my colour bombs at all. Interestingly after I used to get three different move suggestions in my game in this level I only get one suggestion: the wrap/stripe combo, so I chose to make the suggested opening move, which may have been a mistake, but it probably was as good as any other possible move here.

I believe I made the best move choices from here on, but I failed the level. It wasn't even close, so it would have been silly to waste 10 gold to play on here, as 5 would not have been enough:

Then I proceeded to play without starting boosters to see what the game offers me.

I got no special offers, other than the ever increasing extra moves for 10 gold bars. The suggested first move was either three green candies to match on the right if this was possible, or the three blue match on the left. The latter would sometimes lead to me being able to create either a wrapped candy or a striped candy on either my second or third move.

For reference, this is the starting board without playing boosters:

I played the level as a first attempt player with no boosters a total of 35 attempts. Occasionally the game let me get close, but never close enough to just need one lollipop. The game kept offering me more moves, up to 255 extra moves. At no point did I get what can be called a "lucky board". According to YouTube videos including the one shown below players require a wrap/colour bomb combo to pass this level.

Trust me: I tried to find a way to make such a combo. I had some chances to create colour bombs and some chances to create wraps but at no point did the game give me a board that allowed me to make a colour bomb/wrap combo.

My judgement is that as of today August 14th 2024 level 255 is impossible to pass without boosters. I will now play starting boosters and carry on with my game. I will post here to state if starting boosters will help me pass on my next attempt or if I do end up paying gold bars as well.

Players beware and make sure you keep some gold in stock for this level!

• christinewupp
    edited August 14

No, I didn't pass level 255 with boosters only. So I paid for the extra moves. It's a pay-to-pass level alright. But the good news is: The next few levels were (too) easy, I got my win streak back and using starting boosters for the next legendary level and a single hand switch to get my two colour bombs side by side for the combo on my starting board I got lucky drops of colour bombs and passed level 260 easily on my first try. All legendary levels are not equal. Anyone reading this on another day: Next week it might be level 260 that is impossible, or 240. It changes every week.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?