Candy Royale / Top That - Tiered Events

Colleen Companion Welsh
Colleen Companion Welsh Posts: 938 Level 4
edited August 15 in Candy Crush Saga

Four times this week I have been in the middle of completing Candy Royale and have been eliminated just as I move to the next episode while on a winning streak with a single life and/or I have received internet connectivity messages.

I have emailed King Customer Care, included as many screen shots that I was quick enough to capture and gotten no response. I continue to be referred to King Community help section https://kingcare.zendesk.com/hcwhich does not have any complaints and certainly does not provide any help with these specific events.

This happened yet again this morning when I hit the claim button and immediately I received the internet connectivity message. This is rather ironic considering that the game is calculating the number of Gold Bars throughout the event as other players are being eliminated and just when I hit claim the internet seems to have a connectivity problem again.

My Android cell phone also has internet available from my data in addition to my WIFI so there is definitely no issue with connectivity on my end. My device is set up for automatic updates for all apps, including Candy Crush, and there is lots of storage on my new device. These are all suggestions from King Customer Care which is a automatic generic message response. Then I keep getting these King Customer Care Satisfaction Surveys, for what???

When I closed out of my game and restarted again this morning it just restarted Candy Royale again (Picture 4) so if I played again I would not have gotten the Gold Bars again.

To date I have not received 63 Gold Bars, 144 Gold Bars and today 38 Gold Bars from the three times that I should have completed and/or completed Candy Royale in less that a week.

I am including the Top That Event in this discussion as well because this is another event that is also not awarding the Gold Bars which I discovered in Phase 2. Since then I simply do not strive or am I interested in participating in an event to receive the Gold Bars which have not awarded them since Phase 2.

I have suggested here in the Community and with King Customer Care that there needs to be an option to OPT OUT of these type events simply because it is a waste of time when you know in the end you are not getting the rewards.

Is there anyone here in the Community who can actually get this issue resolved? Surely I cannot be the only one having issues or perhaps players are simply no longer complaining because they get nowhere.

Please feel free to tag or send this to anyone who can get this issue fix permanently or simply just remove both these events, enough with the changes and testing.

I have no issue being a tester for events but at least give the rewards that are earned instead of continually insisting there are no issues on King's end with their servers.

Have a great day 😊

August 14, 2024 - 07:45 AM NST

These screenshots are from last week

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,996 Legend
    edited August 15

Is there anyone here in the Community who can actually get this issue resolved?

To be honest @Colleen Companion Welsh I have no idea where to start with your comments, and I definitely can't resolve any of your issues as you know.

I have emailed King Customer Care

Check you replies from Support carefully Colleen. I have noticed that what looks like a standard auto reply can now actually include an answer to your question as well. Obviously King being King the answer you might find won't have anything to do with your actual issue and won't fix it.

immediately I received the internet connectivity message. 

The 'Connection issue' is an issue that has been going on for years now Colleen. It effects the Chocolate Box, sending lives and the other random features that appear in our Events. It used to be that when you saw this message you closed it and just carried on. In typical King fashion instead of fixing the issue they have made it worse.

The Connection issue doesn't refer to your internet it refers to your connection with King's servers. Funny how it always appears just when people are claiming gold.

I have had the Connection issue message a few times myself. A couple of times I just closed it and carried on with my game. One time it appeared when I had just won an Episode Race. I restarted my game (not my device) and the gold was added.

when I hit the claim button and immediately I received the internet connectivity message. 

There are too many issues with the game for me to be sure, but your 'Connection issue' might actually be separate to you not receiving the gold from your Candy Royale.

There has been a long-running issue with people not receiving their gold from the Royale and it has supposedly just (06/08/2024) been fixed. As ever with King and their long-running issues I highly doubt it has been fixed.

• Colleen Companion Welsh
    edited August 15

Your absolutely right again but now this is starting to get excessive even for me. When I look at both events I did not receive over 300 Gold Bars. King always like to suggest that we received them and did not notice, believe me I notice. I also posted this in then FB Candy Crush All Help Group and someone suggested this is Beta Testing, so I actually looked up the meaning for further clarification as follows:

when a select group of external users test an app in real-world conditions before its official launch helping developers identify bugs, evaluate performance, and assess usability

Candy Royale has been around for a while so why the need for continuous change and testing which results in disaster for this game. Probably the same reason why they keep changing the levels ie decreasing moves or making the objectives more challenging. I know why this is being done but again it is too excessive for players who have gambling addictions to this game with one objective to win no matter what the cost. Fortunately for me I will never pay to play a game but for many players this is a very serious problem. We see the comments in here and it is quite obvious.

So when I started this post this morning and just before I closed the game guess what popped up again. This time I need to pass six, just six levels. I was really hoping it would just disappear forever. In all my years playing Candy Crush, I have never seen the requirements that low for the numbers of levels you need to pass for this event. Guess what I pass all six levels and I get to keep 17 Gold Bars. WOW, this is a far cry from the 300 missing ones.

I thank you for your comments and as always you are probably one of few members here who will answer my direct questions unlike the King employees who respond and/or answer to nothing. They simply wait hoping the problems will go away so they just don't have to deal with it.

Have a great day 😊

Edit: I have copied and moved my issue to the post that you have pointed out on August 15, 2024 which I never found during my search.

August 14, 2024 - 01:35 PM NST

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,996 Legend
    edited August 15

On balance I would say your All Help Group is wrong @Colleen Companion Welsh

When it comes to testing it is really difficult to draw any hard conclusions from Candy Crush as King uses the word 'test' to describe every single game feature. So even something that has been in the game as long as the Booster Wheel is still a 'test' feature.

Because King has obfuscated the word 'test' it is now very difficult to ascertain what is going on.

Beta testing is a thing but as your definition indicates the testing is normally completed before an official launch and they aren't conducted 'live'

when a select group of external users test an app in real-world conditions before its official launch helping developers identify bugs, evaluate performance, and assess usability

It should be noted that real-world conditions does not mean that the testing is completed in a live environment it just means the people conducting the beta testing carry out the test as if they were normal users.

Additionally for beta testing to work it must involve some kind of feedback loop.

Do you use Outlook, Colleen?

Outlook is currently in the process of testing a new version of Outlook and they do this by changing your existing Outlook to the new Outlook. So far so King like. The difference is that in the Outlook test I can turn the new Outlook off to revert back to my old Outlook. When I do this I receive a questionnaire asking what I think could be improved about the new Outlook. See the difference?

Microsoft also carries out beta testing and they call it Windows Insider. Anyone can sign up to be an Insider and when you do you receive early releases of updates and new features for testing. Note again the difference. This is real-world testing as in the new releases are sent to real people for them to use in real-world conditions, but the items being tested aren't live to the general public. Again feedback has to be provided by the Insiders.

To muddy the waters even more it has actually been said by a couple of Moderators that what King does isn't beta testing, but AB testing. I haven't the time to go into that, but suffice to say they aren't doing that either.

This time I need to pass six, just six levels.

I only have to complete four levels.

I thank you for your comments and as always you are probably one of few members here who will answer my direct questions 

Thanks Colleen, but I don't think I actually answer your problems as I don't really have any answers, just opinions.

answer my direct questions unlike the King employees who respond and/or answer to nothing.

If you want a response from a King employee then you will have to be more direct. Writing as much as you do confuses the message and the Managers of this forum don't have the time to decipher a question from what, at first glance, can look like a long list of complaints.

You would be much better off keeping it simple.

'I haven't received my gold bars from the Candy Royale the last three times I have completed it, can you look into it please' is all you need to say to a King employee.

One last thing I do wonder about is the Top That! issues. There used to be a separate thread for all the complaints from people not receiving their gold bars. For some reason this thread got rolled into the thread for the Top That! release almost as if they were trying to ignore the issue.

The link to the now redundant thread is below. Note the title of the thread it used to link to.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/448985/top-that-under-investigation-connection-error-when-claiming-rewards

• Colleen Companion Welsh

I do not use Outlook, I use GMail which I like much better.

If you want a response from a King employee then you will have to be more direct. Writing as much as you do confuses the message and the Managers of this forum don't have the time to decipher a question from what, at first glance, can look like a long list of complaints.

Thank you for this I will try to be more direct but unfortunately for me it still gets me nowhere here in the Community or with King Customer Care. It seems as if every time I submit an online submission they are constantly looking for more screenshots, more videos and often I cannot provide them because the event itself once it is finished does not give you time to capture exactly what they are looking for.

I do thank you for your comments they may not always answer my questions but they certainly give me more insight into what is happening here in the Community where to find posts that relate to my issues which I never seem to find and that helps me immensely.

One last question, can I please ask what is your first name? For me I like to address people by their name rather than the Avatar it just seems more personal for me.

Thank you again, and have a great day 😊

August 15, 2024 - 06:45 AM NST

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?