We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

The Musical Adventure of SneakyMelonPyroDuck

2»

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,397 Legend
    edited September 20

So there is still pleasure ahead in the game, and some manageable levels, even on a Thursday!?

Well done for getting that Top That prize. Is this the furthest you have played? I always wonder at which stage you decide to start again….. Personally I quite like those levels 1000-2000. Let me see if I can beat your gold balance at level 1000. It looks like you've got the same events I have in the game I started on Monday. I also get Volcanic Panic and the Bubblegum Battle. Did you get Factory Frenzy I think it's called, the one where you collect striped candies?

Thanks for clarifying what you meant with the placebo missiles. I have never yet seen those in my game. So they only show up during Volcanic Panic?

• SneakyMelonPyroDuck
    SneakyMelonPyroDuck Posts: 22 Level 2

So going to take a break until Nov. Ground out Top That! and that was kinda my last test of mechanics and how they play out pre 1000. Too much of a time sink to actually complete it and get out of the utter mess that is 400-800 with the normal start at 200.

I did manage too…

Basically to get an avatar you have to use another King game.

Below is the game I used, thank you @PummyRaj

The thing you have to know is that all the other game seem to have a different size avatar window. I had to add some additional white space to the sides of my image to work. If you don't it will get partly cut off in Candy Crush Saga.

Basically in MS paint (or any image editor)

1. Make a larger blank image than your existing one.
    2. It needs to be about 20px larger on all sides. (in my case I did a little more on the sides to square it up a little better)
    3. Put your existing avatar right in the middle.
    4. Save and you will have your avatar in your game again as it is attached to your King account.

Original 201 x 221

New 250 x 266

If it is not 100% centred it is fine, when you upload it you can still make the fine adjustments with the selection tool.

In my case I am not centred vertically when the shadow is included and am slightly to the left of centre. If I was less lazy I could have used a better tool but as I say, you can get it perfect via the selection tool when you upload it.

• SneakyMelonPyroDuck
    SneakyMelonPyroDuck Posts: 22 Level 2
    edited 5:44AM

Since I have no interest in fighting the forum, you will have to click on both images to see the difference visually.

Additionally plan to make a sort of pre 1000 state of the game to address some of the nonsense.

Preview?

1. Gold is way too expensive to have levels like we have in the 400-800 range. King is leaving money on the table.
    2. Transition from pre to post 200 is way too jarring.
    3. Etc.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,397 Legend

Great insights and I would agree with you on those points. Yes, that transition after level 200 is gross. I'm sure that is intentional as King think by that point players have been groomed (oh will the AI allow me to use that word?) into thinking that they are good at playing this game. I have a theory that the intention is to fool players into believing that it was their own skill that helped them get this far and that they must now be doing something wrong if they fail level 205 or 225 etc. Also up to level 200 they are given lots of lovely boosters to try out and above all they will be on a top win streak and see how much fun that is, with the double colour bomb combos to help pass the trickiest levels. And then the game stops placing our colour bombs side by side on the starting board, how many of the new players will actually understand that this is part of the game design? The vast majority at this point think it's luck, and then they will start to pay because they expect that sooner or later their luck will continue. Well, here is my theory so I wouldn't expect King to take your advice. They calculate the spendings for each "test group" of players week by week, so they know that having this transition makes them a profit. The same is probably true for the horrible 400-800 range.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?