Bombs exploding on your winning move

christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 8,604 Legend

I will test out first if this get approved as my last attempt did not.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,604 Legend

Great. Whatever was wrong with the other thread, only King know, and they probably don't know it either.

So I am ditching my iPad game as I've found playing the same account on two devices pointless and a potential to induce unwanted glitches. I decided to use up my boosters on the iPad to test out once and for all what happens if a bomb explodes on our winning move.

These are my findings:

I used ads for extra moves and placed my last striped candy into position to hit the last remaining jelly. This will not affect the purple bomb which has a count of one. A year ago this would have meant that I pass this level! Up until a few months ago if you passed a level and then a bomb exploded on that same move it would still be classed as a pass. Not any more!

This is a mid move screenshot. The jelly gets ticked and the bomb goes to zero.

But instead of Yeti jumping up and down we get this screen now. And we don't move on:

We don't get many players complaining about this now or asking about it, so I guess the new graphics are clear enough. But players do need to be aware that this is now the case, so don't waste boosters to pass a level if you have a bomb with a count of one on your board, as it won't count if the bomb is allowed to explode.

I hope this might clear up the change @MannyFae and @PummyRaj , in case anyone is still wondering what the new rules are.

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 562 Level 4

Yes, that's how it is now. Perhaps it was initially a glitch, but they saw it as an opportunity to make levels harder. As usual with King, it happened without any notice.

• MagisterMundi
    MagisterMundi Posts: 18 Level 2

You mean monetizing, I believe...

• FluffyDinosaur
    FluffyDinosaur Posts: 2,488 Community Manager

Hi Christine and everyone else!

Thanks for sharing your detailed findings and taking the time to explain everything so thoroughly! 🙌 I have forwarded this issue to the studio so they can take a closer look at the bomb mechanic change. I really appreciate this very thorough explanation as it makes it very easy for me to send along to the developers, so thank you for that!

In the meantime, if you have any more thoughts or questions, feel free to reach out. We'll keep you posted with any updates from the studio.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?