Why is the Star Tournament so useless?

christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 8,596 Legend

I manage to keep up with the end of the game now, but I find the Star Tournament is useless: Why won't it count towards all events? It works for Top That alright, but what about the Friends Challenge and the jelly streak? I had the jelly streak pop up but as soon as I played one level of the Star Tournament it disappeared, so I cannot participate in that. What is worse I cannot better my position in the Friends Challenge nor can I opt out, so my friends will always win! The candies I collect should count towards the Friends Challenge! Why don't they?

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,596 Legend

Here is a screenshot to illustrate:

I play one level successfully and pass. I know that some levels won't have many purple candies, but there are always a few in the end sequence at least.

I passed but got not a single candy towards the Friends Challenge. Here go some of the blue candies towards Top That.

But when I open the Friends Challenge I get nothing.

Do you have this trouble @cookiemae and @Carol-38 ? The only use I get out of the Star Tournament is for Top That. There are plenty of easy go-to levels now in the upper reaches even for events that require us to pass levels, so the Star Tournament should count for EVERY event that requires new levels, right? Otherwise what is the point of it? The prizes that the tournament itself awards are just not worth having.

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,705 Level 5

I haven't played the Star Tournament for weeks @christinewupp I should have stuck to what I already knew a long time ago, that it took too much of my time playing and not passing any levels, unless of course I wanted to waste my boosters and gold, which I wouldn't dream of doing. I know Cookiemae enjoys it and does well but I personally find it really boring. As for it helping with Top That it didn't do much for me, by not passing levels. With regard Friends Challenge and Jelly Streak, I don't bother with them, everything is geared towards passing new levels. So much for surveys keep being sent, completed and ignored. One strange thing that did happen this week, I got the Star Tournament while I still had one episode to go. That was rather annoying as it took me to the Star Tournament rather then the level I had selected to play, so losing me a life. Had to be careful as it kept doing it, so I had to really concentrate on what I was doing. Not a lot exciting me at the moment with the game apart from Sweet Cinema which is being really kind and Don't feed the Troll every other week.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 6,246 Level 5

I have never played the Star Tournament. Have been informed about it by many players.

Some players like it! Not everyone likes the same things and not everyone plays the same way or has the same heart goals.

• Kadoug518
    Kadoug518 Posts: 13 Level 2

I find most of the challenges unfair. On the weekly Contest you are always see the same players and most are not even on the same continent as you are and no way near the levels you are playing. Also at the start of a new challenge the same player or players ate once again at the top and are quite a few levels ahead of everyone else. I’m being to doubt they are real People. Playing against other players is just unfair.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?