We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

It's an events frenzy this week!

2»

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,370 Legend

This morning's update:

Factory Frenzy again shows up. Jelly streak pays out, 10 minutes party poppers came in handy to help pass half an episode but I only gained 1000 blue candies in those 10 minutes. Given the way that levels can't be drawn out to make lots of blue candies (they either self terminate or I risk having to use a lollipop at the end) I will have to probably play a lot more to get my prize. But the gold balance remains in the green, so I will play on tonight.

I've been playing timed colour bombs and timed wrap/stripe throughout because the game is not giving me enough boosters.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,268 Level 5

I actually did bring that section of the T&C up with the Player Support agent when I inquired about why my game hasn't been receiving these special events. Obviously I wanted to know what is meant by "good standing". Apparently, it just boils down to one's location—being in a country that has the ongoing event. This was the relevant portion of the reply:

"I understand you would like to know if your account is in a good standing for the Music Season event. As I can see in your account you are in the United States, which is one of the countries where the event is available from 12th September to 14th October. 

As I mentioned before, we randomly select a group of players to test the new feature and, based on their feedback, decide whether to roll it out to all players. This helps us ensure that the feature is well-received and functioning properly. If you haven't seen the event, that means that there is a high possibility that we are facing an incident with some accounts in the eligible countries."

Last sentence basically gives a BS excuse lol—they don't know. Suuure.

It's not important enough to me to save the progress of these alt games to a different account. Booster prizes, like party poppers from Candy Cup, don't really matter to me. As much as I'm complaining about this current Music Season event, I'm not really a concert guy either. 😆 The only worthwhile event would be All Stars' possibility of a money prize, but I doubt I'd win that anyway haha.

I am putting these 2 games to use though, per my comment in the recent "Adventure path - no gold pin?" thread. In my head, I've started to view one game as GC, where the goal is to only get gold crowns for levels I need crowns for on my main game, and the other as SS, where the goal is to only get sugar stars for levels that don't have them in my main game.

• christinewupp

I find that reply odd @Deryck . That is not how I would interpret "good standing" and if that is the case then how does "no undisclosed violations" relate to that?

• Have an account which is in good standing with King with no undisclosed  account violations

I think that customer care advisor didn't know what they were talking about, quite frankly.

@cookiemae I don't know what King's naughty list is or if indeed they have one, but I do suspect that there is one and that this may be the explanation why some of the most experienced players never seem to get these events that every newbie to the game seems to get.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,268 Level 5

Fully agreed @christinewupp! It got a laugh from me at the time. I thought the explanation not only odd, but even silly. It's unsurprising though since clearly King reps wouldn't admit to the existence of a blacklist—bad for business lol. Like you, I definitely think there is a list though, likely consisting of User ID #s with a programming command to not get special events.

• christinewupp
    edited September 19

Back to my game: I made it before bedtime.

As is just about visible on the screenshot I had to play to level 537 to get to the top of Top That.

By the late 400s I wished I hadn't decided to test out if I could get there, because that is when the fun ended and the slog began. All the levels ending in the digit 5 are just awful. I used up all those boosters the event frenzy had given me by level 500. In fact exactly at level 500, as if it was written into the game: Thou shalt not pass level 500 without paying. That was exactly the point at which I had no lollipops and no UFOs left.

The volcanic panic keeps giving a few boosters every four episodes, and the Bubblegum Battle test event popped up and gave me just three boosters.

So was it worth it?

My highest gold balance was 813 gold bars. By level 471 I started losing gold slowly as so many levels needed 10 gold bars to pass. Interestingly not a single level that I failed on my first attempt was passable on my second attempt. NOT ONE! So usually I paid the 10 gold then to get on with it, as 15 extra moves were obviously enough.

My final balance, after finishing the episode, was this:

Personally I think that rushing through the episodes to get to the top of this ridiculous event is NOT worth it. Essentially my net gain was 46 gold bars. I should have stopped in the mid 400s when I had 813 gold. But well, at least I know now how many levels it takes to win Top That…..

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?