Level 8407 problem

swurst
swurst Posts: 3 Newbie

Is there any way past level 8407? There simply aren't enough moves provided. I get 22, it needs at least 30 to line all the keys up.

Sort it out, King! There shouldn't be levels that are just impossible without paying out gold for multiple extra moves

Comments

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,650 Level 5

Hi @swurst Welcome to the Community 🤗 You are saying the same thing that many of us have been saying for years. But the truth of it is King have made levels Nighmarishly Hard and Legendary so that we do need to use boosters and gold for extra moves. Believe me there are many more to come. Even levels that I played years ago and go back and play for the Chocolate Box that were fun and easy have been changed and now have blockers galore. Sometimes it's a good idea not to try passing any new levels but to login daily and collect as many boosters as you can and look out for side games that you can play old levels to get the boosters, like Don't feed the Troll (if we get that again). Also Seasons Pass where you can do it by passing old levels which is good. Good luck with your game and if you have any questions or need help with your game please ask and someone will try and help 😏

• swurst

Thanks for the reply, Carol. Appreciate it 👍🏻

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,650 Level 5

You are welcome @swurst and hopefully you will stay in the Community where you could pick up a few good tips.

As a little tip, it's best to click on the 'Reply' at the bottom of someone's post then put your comment and post when replying. That way the person is notified you have made a comment, otherwise they won't know unless they read through all the posts again. Good luck and hope to hear from you again 🙂

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 554 Level 4

Hello @swurst

This level has been complained about many times, to no avail. In 22 moves, it's only winnable if you manage a double color bomb combo. This ruins the original design of this level, but it's how King intend us to play it now.

The video below dates back to 2021, and it already has 23 moves, and uses a double color bomb combo to win.

After trying it out, I can tell that creating a double color bomb combo on this board is not too difficult due to its large and open middle section. I managed a combo on my first two attempts, but failed because it was very late in the level. Then on my seventh or eighth attempt, the game gave me a starting board with an opportunity to make a color bomb right away.

And, after making just one move, another color bomb appeared out of nowhere.

By matching orange candies horizontally, I was able to bring the second color bomb next to the first one.

Once they're combined, all I have to do is wait for the keys to be collected and keep an eye on the ticking time bombs.

With 3 moves remaining, I used stripes to remove the frosting below the dragon to release it.

While playing this level, I have found a pitfall. If you have two color bombs side by side and the third key is in the bottom row, do not match them right away. This will result in missing one key. Wait until the next key appears in the rightmost column, then match the color bombs.

Good luck!

• swurst

Thanks @MannyFae

I'll look out for the doubles. When I'm not throwing my phone across the room in frustration 🙃

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?