Thanks King and Candy Crush Team

Laineos
Laineos Posts: 6 Level 2
edited October 11 in Support

Hello, Candy Crush Team! First of all, I want to thank you again for quickly resolving the issue I had with the game this afternoon. The reason for this message is just a few observations I have regarding the game.

After starting my journey with Candy Crush in 2013, I returned to playing a few months ago. Over the past few weeks, I have been playing calmly and decided to dedicate myself to this season a bit more than usual because there’s a competition that could result in a real prize. From the beginning of this season until today, at the start of the second round of the finals, I have not had a single problem.

Upon starting the second round, as usual, I was competing for the lead, had about 300K points, and the difference between me and the second place was minimal, until my game simply crashed right after I had just made a winning move in a match. When I returned to the game, all the events had disappeared and my victory had not been counted. The issue with the events has been resolved here.

As I mentioned, I’ve been playing for weeks without issues. So, I’ll list the differences my game has experienced after the "disappearance of the events":

1. The ads for earning extra moves stopped being shown. Only ads for gaining extra items before starting the match are available.
  2. The frequency with which the game "breaks" (or cancels) my combinations has significantly increased. Statistically, it doesn’t make sense. It’s so noticeable that it’s possible to predict what will happen after making a move.
  3. The fish start to ignore the objectives randomly, more frequently as the victory gets closer.
  4. The levels where the player depends on items that the level should provide either offer insufficient items for completion or hold them until the last move, even when the user is incessantly requesting and clearing space for the items to drop. This drastically increases the chance of defeat.

I know this as manipulation. Here I am, 12 hours later, after playing for 12 straight hours, where I played just to make sure of what I was seeing. There was a level where I spent about 3 hours playing repeatedly, which must have been around 200 attempts. I went weeks without getting stuck on a level, but of course, today I did. Coincidences? In this case, it’s clear that the intention is to make dedicated and seemingly addicted players (which I am not) spend money on the game. Prizes should not be used to generate more revenue but rather as a way to share the success of the game and the person who created it.

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 42,341 Candy Moderator

Hi @Laineos🤗 Welcome back to the King Community!

I will pass on your feedback to our Candy Crush Community In-charge🙏

• Laineos

Please do this. Truly. Even though I feel extremely harmed, I don’t want anything. Just make sure this message reaches someone really responsible for the game, so they are aware that not everyone is "asleep," and if they are already aware of this, I can only lament for their soul.

• angel20004
    angel20004 Posts: 11 Level 2

Hi @Laineos! I saw your post and agree. I didn’t start playing until 2017, but even then it’s wasn’t such a money grabber as it is now. The third and fourth point you made is exactly what I have been noticing as I play more levels. It is straight up manipulation and a way to generate more money. I understand that the game has to make money, but to continuously do this on most levels is so shameful and unethical. I’m sorry to hear what happened to you during the event. I too dedicated myself to this season because of the prize. It was my first tournament. While my game didn’t crash, there were issues with the points not being multiplied. Support gave a generic answer and said to connect to wifi. Even when connected to wifi, there was still issues with the point not being multiplied at times. I also think I wouldn’t be as upset had I lost to players near my level.

• Laineos

We're just telling the truth. There's no need for moderation, gentlemen. Which is better? The truth or illusion?

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 15,078 Community Manager

Hi @Laineos and @angel20004 🙂

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback and concerns. I understand how frustrating it can be when things don’t go as expected, especially during such an important event.

Rest assured, I’ll pass along your observations to the team, as it's important they hear how these issues are impacting players.

We truly appreciate your patience and feedback!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?