I have actually saved my streak and my crowns in two separate occasions. This shows that it is possible to save a streak or a crown and double colour bomb under certain conditions, especially when you are switching or running on multiple devices. They have all been caught on livestream.
Cases
Case 1: Server error on continuing (everything saved)
I was put in a losing position after encountering a server error that prevents me from performing a continue. I switched to the other device, which was actually slightly behind, completed the offending level and the level after, synced, and switched back to the main.
Evidence
Case 2: Tutorial error
This is related to players unable to click "Sweet!" after being introduced to the super charger. Players affected are forced to quit. In my case, when switching to my alternate device while online, I noticed I lost my super charger and my crown for this level, but not the streak. This is the inverse case of me losing the 4300+ streak on my main.
Super color bomb lost (alt) Crowns regained
See the timestamps closely. This is all livestreamed.