Can't login and Customer Support is useless

Options
sgoff61
sgoff61 Posts: 27 Level 2

I know that glitches happen and I can live with that, but I am beyond disgusted with Customer Support. I have been unable to login because of the "Try again in a bit" error (which, based on posts here, has apparently been around for a very long time and has not been fixed). I submitted a support ticket and received a reply telling me to go through certain steps to determine my user ID. I followed those instructions several times but the "Contact Us" button that I was directed to did not exist, so I replied to the email and explained that it was impossible for me to do, and I even provided screenshots to prove it. I got an automated reply saying that they had received my message and would respond soon, but then nothing, so I replied to it again three days later. I got the same automated response again, and then, about 6 hours later, I received an email saying that they were just checking in because I had not responded and that, if I did not respond within three days, they would close the ticket. Within two hours, I responded to that email and stated that I HAD responded, TWICE. Yet again, I got the automated reply indicating that my email had been received and, within a few minutes, I received an email telling me to respond to that one and explicitly confirm that I had received that email and the one instructing me of the steps to determine my user ID because it seemed to them that I was not receiving their messages. I immediately replied and confirmed that I had received both messages and had responded to both, and I pointed out that there was no problem with me receiving their messages, but apparently there was a problem with them receiving mine and, yet again, I got an automated reply stating that my email had been received. Three days later, I received yet another email saying that, because they had not heard back from me, they were closing the ticket.

I know that I have received every message they have sent, and I have proof that they have received every message I have sent. So, the bottom line is that either the people who are supposed to be responding are complete morons, or I am simply being ignored. Either way, it is unacceptable. I've spent a lot of money on this game and can't even access the bonuses from my most recent purchases that I should have received after finishing the episode.

Best Answer

Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

@sgoff61 Hi and welcome,

I can not comment on customer support, but can tell you the error you are receiving at present there is no fix for. All you can do is uninstall and reinstall the game. If you play via a mobile device any stored BOOSTERS or LIVEs you had will BE LOST though

see post below for full information

Thank you

• Werner_Cichy
    Werner_Cichy Posts: 29,405 Crushing Legend
    Options

Yes, I had this support problem once, but most of the time it works. Have you ever tried, when you are logged into the community, to click on the contact at the bottom of the page?

Here is a picture from the PC, it is similar on the mobile device. I had good experience with this contact

• sgoff61
    Options

I had no problem contacting them the first time in order to submit the support ticket. The contact button they directed me to was within the game and was supposedly only accessible before hitting "Play". According to the only productive email they have sent, doing that was supposed to reveal my user ID even though I could not login. But at this point, it really doesn't matter that the button didn't exist and I never found my user ID because they won't respond anyway.

• sgoff61
    Options

The customer support is the real problem, but I haven't even tried to uninstall and reinstall the game. In fact, I don't even know how to do that. I play on a desktop with Windows 10, through King. I didn't actually install it, so I don't even know if I can uninstall it.

• Freddy_
    Options

@sgoff61 When you use the contact us at bottom of page for customer support you can use your email ID that is registered to the game. when you get the automated response you reply to it help needed and they should then get in contact with you within 3 -5 days on average. any response you get always respond back to.

Are you playing the game through a browser or via the windows 10 app version of the game

Thank you

• sgoff61
    Options

That's exactly what I did and they responded once, but they said I had to go through their steps in order to find out my user ID for the game. I have responded, several times now, and the only responses I have gotten from them were automated responses confirming that they received my emails, and emails saying that they are going to close the ticket because they have not received a response from me which, obviously, is not true because I have proof that they did receive them.

I am not playing through a browser. I have a shortcut on my desktop and, when I click on it, the game opens independently. Until this problem started, I was automatically logged in when I opened the game and all I had to do was click "Play". On the day it started, I had played in the morning with no problem and closed the game when I ran out of lives. When I opened it a couple hours later, I noticed that I was not logged in because my profile picture was gone. I tried to login manually and that's when I got the error, and I haven't been able to login since.

• sgoff61
    Options

@Freddy_

Thank you. I figured out how to uninstall and reinstall the game, and I am back in business. Of course, I lost about 15 levels of progress that I had made while I wasn't able to login, but at least I don't have to do all 3883 levels over again. For some reason, it said my password was wrong and made me reset it after I reinstalled, so maybe it is a problem with passwords on their end that is causing the glitch. Who knows, but at least I can play again!

• Freddy_
    Options

@sgoff61 Hi Again, Yes i got the issue you were having from customer support but there has to be a way of contacting them and they should respond.

I am guessing you are playing via the windows 10 app version of the game see post below on how to remove/uninstall this. once uninstalled restart you device and go to the microsoft store and download the latest version of the game and should resolve your issue

Thank you

f

• sgoff61
    edited May 2021
    Options

I officially give up. The last time I posted, I had uninstalled and reinstalled. It made me reset my password but I was able to login and it seemed to be working. After playing for a while, I realized that the events were appearing and disappearing randomly, but I wasn't very concerned about that as long as I was logged in and my progress was being saved. I played a few times throughout the day, but the first time I opened the game after 24 hours had passed, I was logged out again and got the same error.

This time I reset the game through Windows and then was able to login, but it was the same ... my progress was being saved but the events were appearing and disappearing, and again, the first time I opened it after 24 hours had passed, I was logged out yet again.

Once again, I uninstalled and reinstalled, thinking that the third time was a charm, but now the exact same thing has happened again. I know I could do it yet again and pick up where I left off, but there is no way I'm going to go through this every 24 hours. No game is worth that, so I am just going to delete the game and start looking for something else to occupy my spare time.. So, thank you very much for your help, and I wish you the best of luck. I hope this doesn't happen to you. It is very disheartening to spend so much time and money on a game and then lose it all, and it's even worse to know that customer support doesn't care enough to even try. I just wish I had known that before I started wasting money. Oh well, lesson learned!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?