Piggy Bank

Options
JLJB
JLJB Posts: 34 Level 2

If Candy Crush is making millions of dollars, why are players punished by doubling the price of the gold bars? It baffles me. I have drastically reduced my playing because I often use gold bars. So if I don't play, I won't be tempted to buy them!

Answers

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi and i hope you are having a good time in the community.

Actually this question arose so many times and we have answered this time and again. Candy Crush is a free game with no compulsion of purchasing any item. the game provide enough chances to clear all the levels and win different boosters including Gold bars through various features inside the game. I myself playing the game from years and on around 9500 levels but never purchased a single item. so you can try to win gold bars and other boosters freely inside the game through these bonus features. All the purchase offers are optional and helps your chances to clear any levels more easily with no compulsion at all.

thanks and have a lovely time ahead.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,968 Legend
    Options

Hard question to answer this is @JLJB. In reality only King know why they have removed the 60 gold bar Piggy Bank from people and effectively doubled the price by making those people pay the same for 30 gold bars.

From my point of view I have only ever had the 30 gold bar Piggy Bank, so I would point out that why was it fair that people got double the amount of gold bars for the same price I did.

You are doing the right thing though. By playing less because of your Piggy Bank there is a chance that King will notice the drop off in their data collection and realise they have made a mistake.

This issue with the Piggy Bank was a hot topic not so long ago, and our CM @Crazy Cat Lad did say he was going to mention the issue to the Game Team. If that actually happened then if enough people stopped paying then you can expect to see some kind of change.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer, but as I say only King know the truth, and they never appear here.

Here is one of the previous posts on the subject

• JLJB
    Options

This is the response that I expected. However, Candy Crush relies on game purchases to continue to make millions of dollars, so punishing players by doubling the costs of optional purchases makes no sense to me. The more affordable boosters are, the more will be paid for. Your flippant response of "thanks and have a lovely time ahead" is disingenuous and bolsters my decision to no longer support the game.

• JLJB
    Options

To Alienscar, thank you for your response, and I totally agree with you. It is not like King needs to make more than multi-million dollars a year to keep the game afloat. It's like a slap in the face for those of us who have been playing for years and don't mind spending a little money. I did it in attempt to get 3 stars that may otherwise be impossible. But I feel no loyalty to corporate greed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?