Feedback on levels 10 221 - 10 265!

Options

Comments

• Johnny_Crush
    Johnny_Crush Posts: 309 Level 3
    Options

Level 10231 is the hardest level of the week, it's the only one that I could't complete without boosters.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    Options

10231 definitely needs a review. Or, give players a couple of UFOs in the board like has happened in a lot of recent episodes.

• santo_chris97
    santo_chris97 Posts: 1,494 Level 4
    Options

Finally, I passed level 10231 without any major problem thanks to the "hidden dispenser" and pre-game boosters.

FYI, there's a "hidden dispenser" in level 10231. It's in the 8th column near the vertical striped candy dispenser in the right side of the board. It spawns 4-layer toffee swirl, licorice swirl, and H/V striped candy. But you must clear at least 20 toffee layers in the isolated area (top-left and top-right of the board) to spawn them.

• Michael-6
    edited September 2021
    Options

I got past too, i got a lucky go where the board just kept creating endless wrappers and blowing things up. No skill or decision making or anything involved at all, but typical of a lot of recent levels.

Edit- may as well add to here rather than another post. First level done. No episode race yet again- quelle surprise- but aside from the 10231 lucky dip, a much better first episode than last week. Some challenging levels in there, and some fun levels too, enjoyed 10230, 10234 and 10235 in particular.

The improvement seems to have coincided with the return of @LindQ from her holidays. No more holidays for you i think!

• Johnny_Crush
    Johnny_Crush Posts: 309 Level 3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thanks for the tip @santo_chris97 . Done it after 22 minutes playing mainly on the right side of the board.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,992 Level 5
    edited September 2021
    Options

I am through the first 2 Episodes and although an improvement on recent weeks, the game is still being ruined by levels being too busy and constant uncontrollable cascades. Tactics have gone out the window, replaced by pure luck. And as for Sour Skulls @LindQ, they are ruining the game !!

I got a lucky board on 10231, however I found 10234 incredible hard. A truly horrible level.

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

10231 is a nightmare, but possible... Will take many hours.

One thing that sucks is the Sour Skulls. They are a challenge in every board, and the designers are hell-bent on including them almost constantly. Oof!!

• GraceKung
    GraceKung Posts: 66 Level 2
    Options

After trying so many times, I finally passed level 10231 with a UFO. First episode is completed.

There are no episode race and Deluxe chocolate box for me.

• Michael-6
    edited September 2021
    Options

10251 is a total and utter farce of a level.

There are 3 cherries but you only need to get 1, there is a tiny amount of moves provided relative to the total mess you have to clear, getting rid of the mixers alone might take all of them, and then there is a billion layers of frosting to clear and jellies and two jelly jars which are nigh in impossible to hit; the idiotic fish that are unlocked if you manage to clear the mixers don't help out at all, they just clear candies at the top.

I imagine this requires a cascade the size of which you normally find on the Niagara Falls to get past. If you need an example whats going wrong with the design of so many levels recently, this is textbook.

A TOTAL LOAD OF RUBBISH.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

I definitely hear you about the sour skulls. We've decided to remove them from 5 of the levels released yesterday, and will look over the coming releases until our more permanent fix of limiting the amount. I hear you and I think you've suffered long enough 😉 Change should be out sometime today.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?