๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!
๏ปฟโš ๏ธ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
๐Ÿ“ฉ Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Ads black screen

Options
daysgoby
daysgoby Posts: 23 Level 2
edited January 2022 in Support

I am still having issues with the black screen and losing lives because of it. I lost over 20 gold bars and game boosters sofar after trying to watch ads for extra moves. When will this glitch be fixed? I noticed alot of people are having the same issues.

Best Answers

ยซ1

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,987 Candy Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Yes, Some player have same issue . will give feedback to the game team. and make also sure that the app is updated and also your Android system is updated to latest available version, but at least Android 5 is required.

Check also that you have at least 2 GB of free memory on the device

• daysgoby
    Options

Lots of free memory, updated android phone, and I play it on my computer as well which has lots of memory and I have the same issue there as well. I uninstalled the game, shut down the computer and my cellphone as well, reinstalled the game and still the same issues. I love playing the candy crush game, but I would like it back the way it was. thanks for your help.

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm sorry you're having this problem. Reinstalling the game does not fix this, you will have lost your accumulated boosters and lives. Clearing cache is usually helpful, but not always, since the video function, like all the functions and temporary events of the King games, are test features, which means that they may have bugs (they are being tested ). We also know that there have been issues with the ads that weren't related to King, but to the advertiser itself.

When you say you lost more than 20 gold bars, do you mean you didn't get them or they were discounted? Unfortunately from this Community we cannot manage problems with gold bars, you must contact technical support directly from your game. They will assess whether you should claim something.

I will be here for anything you need.

Thank you and keep enjoying

• NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Could we get some kind of an idea what's being done to fix this? Not a lot of details but something like "currently working with advertiser to see if it's on their end. Next, if it isn't the advertiser, we will take Steve Jobs hostage and try to torture an answer out of him.

No idea how long Steve can hold out, but can tell you that the advertiser informs us they'll be done testing 2-3 days, , max. We will keep you posted

• macranthunter
    macranthunter Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

This seems like a good time to move on. Candy Crush is no longer reliable and the dev team has stopped fixing bugs.

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Welcome to the King Community.

Currently, there is some work going on in the game so we are facing some issues but we hope that such issues will be resolved very soon.

Thank you!

• daysgoby
    Options

Still the same issues. No friends list. Free lives and boosters gone cause the ads are not there anymore. Takes forever to pass levels niw. I am passed 5000 levels and want to keep going. Are you fixing the problems? If so an update would be great!!! Thank you.

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend
    Options

Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹

Let's go by parts...

The changes in the friend list were reported ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE and HERE, maybe you have already read it, if you haven't read it, it will be helpful for you to do so.

The problems in the video function come and go, and I explained that being test functions it is common for them to fail. These errors are corrected, but others may appear ๐Ÿคท They do not always have a solution from King, sometimes they are related to the advertiser himself, other times they are due to the device, the connection, the memory ... there are many factors.

That is why it is important to keep both your browser and the game updated (the game releases updates every week).

When you verify that both are up to date, log out, clear cache, reboot the device, and log in again.

I hope that helps the smooth running of your game.

Thank you and keep enjoying

• macranthunter
    Options

I understand there are always going to be issues with a curated game. That said, when every game session ends with a code-stopping bug you need to either address the issue or revert.

Every player currently experiences an ad that won't load or complete every 1 in five ads. Granted you are dealing with inherited issues from the ad servers and sometimes within the ads themselves but more and more often I find myself checking email instead of playing CC in an idle moment because as a rule, my company email doesn't freeze.

You are at a pivotal moment on CC development. What happens this year is pretty much going to set a sunset date for this game. If these issues aren't resolved in a few weeks max, CC is on the way out.

• macranthunter
    Options

The bottom line is the ad server is unreliable. I always do the "standard troubleshooting" and I check for updates for my browser and game weekly if not more often. The issue is broken links between game ad request and ad play or ad play and ad viewed toggle from ad to game. Sometimes the ads on google or other ad servers are just broken. The bottom line is - this is an ad supported game. The prime revenue function of this game does not work. I'd make that a priority if I were serious about my business. I'm mystified as to why the core of your revenue model is allowed to break two times out of five. L:iterally two times out of five.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?