I'm stuck at level 39 on Alpha Betty

Options
Sheila_Coghill
Sheila_Coghill Posts: 1 Newbie

when I make words they  go to fill the  mixer button (?) leaving me without enough turns to finish the game.  It also can't count.  I do a 4 letter word and it counts it as 5. Sometimes vice versa or doesn't count it at all. No probs until this level.

Answers

• StuckInATree
    StuckInATree Posts: 4,755 Level 3
    Options

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick, the Mixer button is supposed to fill as you make words and it should not effect the amount of turns you have.

I'll be honest I was also a bit confused by the letter counter at first and thought it wasn't working properly but it turns out it all depends on the tiles you use for creating words. Some count as 2, some count as 0 so remember to watch out for that!

• Jester_
    Jester_ Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

Glad to see I'm not the only one who failed to notice the effect of those tiles. 

Gold tiles don't have a value, but will x2 the value of the word that it is used in. 

Silver tiles x2 the value of the letter and blank tiles have no value at all apart from being extremely handy in times of need of course!

• Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,284 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Level 39 is one with vines entangling the tiles...For the tiles to be counted they must be clear of vines first...One way of getting the tiles clear and making words at the same time is to make a 5 or 6 letter word with at least 4 of them free from tiles...this would both count as a 4 letter word and clear some of the vines.  Line blasters are also very helpful in getting rid of the vines....Here is a video example of the levelhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsnMSemnouw

• Elizabeth_Watts
    Elizabeth_Watts Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Tiles with crowns superimposed add one to the number of letters counted. So if you make a 4 letter word in which one of the tiles has a little red crown on, it counts as a five letter word. I think some line blasters may do as well, but I can't figure it out. Letters with vines on don't count towards the total. Therefore a good strategy is to use any 'spare' moves at the beginning to make 4 letter words (which give you crowns) and to remove vines. Also, if you are doing a level where you have to collect words they count towards that total as the longest word you still need . So for example if a level required three 5 letter words, and you've already done three five letter words, any further 5 letter words will count towards the number of 4 letter words required.

• Sheila_Sosa
    Sheila_Sosa Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Level 39 is one with vines entangling the tiles...For the tiles to be counted they must be clear of vines first...One way of getting the tiles clear and making words at the same time is to make a 5 or 6 letter word with at least 4 of them free from tiles...this would both count as a 4 letter word and clear some of the vines.  Line blasters are also very helpful in getting rid of the vines....Here is a video example of the levelhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsnMSemnouw

Should i update my game, because mine doesn't count the words at all? It just has check marks showing in each counter box. My screen does not look like the one in the samle.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?