What are acceptable words and spellings?

Options
AFord
AFord Posts: 2 Newbie

I'm playing AlphaBetty Saga and I notice that some of the "words" it accepts and suggests are not familiar spellings or even words. For example, pst and ntk were suggested moves at one point.  Is there a list of rules of acceptable words, such as proper names or abbreviations? I just don't see how a word can be spelled without a vowel.

Answers

• Crusher18
    Crusher18 Posts: 1,286 Level 2
    Options

Did you use one of the blank tiles? These can represent any letter and you can make words with them. I guess that the words accepted have to be in the dictionary and more accepted words will be added over time. I do not think that there is a list anywhere with all of the accepted words. 

• Elizabeth_Watts
    Elizabeth_Watts Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I think it is simply using a dictionary. It doesn't seem to allow proper names unless they are also used as the name of something like 'hoover'. I think it must be a published paper dictionary, because words invented in the last couple of years are not accepted: I noticed that it won't accept 'selfie' for example.

• lexuszze
    lexuszze Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Did you use one of the blank tiles? These can represent any letter and you can make words with them. I guess that the words accepted have to be in the dictionary and more accepted words will be added over time. I do not think that there is a list anywhere with all of the accepted words. 

that is a cheap answer. you guess? why are you not asking the developers?
  • lexuszze
    lexuszze Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I have yet to see a definite answer from any moderator on this site! Do you not have documentation or the ability in asking the developers of alphabetty? how would they know if there is a bug in the game?
  • Miles_Lowry
    Miles_Lowry Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I tried to spell quiver (an archer's portable case for holding arrows) which has been a word since the early 1300's. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?