Carol-38
Carol-38 Posts: 10,878 Level 5

Guess I'll get one gold bar - do I feel lucky - the answers NO

Comments

• Yorben_Goeree
    Yorben_Goeree Posts: 3,864 Level 5
    edited March 2022
    Options

Same here and I won 1st prize of Fast Episode Race got 50 gold bars and another prize (For example) 2nd to 5th have NO gold bars. I think for another players finding this event is unfair. I saw for the screenshot of another player got for 1st prize give the player 40 gold bars and 2nd to 5th give the players 1 gold bar.

Wow! Never seen for this event has been changed.

• Carol-38
    Options

Hi@Yorben_Goeree I just think it's a shame King have done this. The game is meant to be enjoyable and take the stress away, Ha Ha. Not make you feel you have to keep beating other players.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,782 Legend
    Options

That is a shocking development @Carol-38

As you are fully aware gold is an important resource in the game, and there are very few ways of obtaining free gold. This change can only be aimed at driving those that don't pay to either pay, or leave the game. The level difficulty being what it is makes it hard to finish in first place especially just being a casual player.

King know that this game is just a coffee break game, or daily commute to work game for a lot of people, so changes like this that only benefit players that play for an unhealthy amount of time really makes me think about their priorities.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

I haven't gotten this (yet), but combined with the latest change/reversion to Chocolate Box, I won't be playing & moving ahead on my map much anymore.

I've long posted about the worthlessness of the Silver Box and can't believe they've reverted back to using that tier system. Since there's no "Abandon" option, I'll simply let the timer expire and wait to begin again with the default box.

• KimmyA1
    KimmyA1 Posts: 77 Level 2
    Options

Hopefully this is a test feature and not a permanent change.

I found myself in a test group too the end of last year:

It reverted back to normal but I've unfortunately got the one under discussion on this topic now too.

• Carol-38
    Options

@KimmyA1 @Crazy Cat Lad it does seem that the majority of gold bars and boosters are earned by racing against other players. It would be much better if we were playing together, like the Fantastic 5 teams. It's meant to be a fun game, not a race against others.

• KimmyA1
    KimmyA1 Posts: 77 Level 2
    Options

After just one or two episode races I'm back to normal rewards.

Phew, I was in the test group before for ages!

• jassy7881
    jassy7881 Posts: 289 Level 3
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?