Since candy crush updated i can't close the app on my kindle. help?

Options
2»

Answers

• Mary_Lewis
    Mary_Lewis Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Not the best fix, but if you keep a facebook private message thread going with someone, their face will be in a little circle on your screen and tapping on that will get you out. I didn't get any fb messages for a while and no little face, I got fed up and removed the game. Maybe they'll get  it fixed...

• chimomma
    chimomma Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I've noticed if I lightly pull down from the top of the screen (as if I want to adjust the settings on the kindle), the soft keys will briefly appear at the bottom. I think the upgrade is playing in "full screen" and there's no way to escape.

• Susie_Pick_Hall
    Susie_Pick_Hall Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

The "answer" from King (to a slightly differently worded question on the same bug) was nonsense and makes me think they have never used a Kindle Fire. Take a screen-shot???? Doesn't work.  Press the "home" button????  That's the whole point.  On a Kindle Fire, the "home" button is a soft-key, which we can no longer get to.  Come on King, sort this out or I for one will stop playing King games.

I agree with you! Can't believe they said it was solved by taking a screen shot????? Come on folks...this is a Kindle Fire. I hope someone is reading this????
  • Tracy_Lynn
    Tracy_Lynn Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem. I have discovered that if I run out of lives and go through the steps to ask friends, I can get my ability to return to the Kindle home screen. 

• Jeanne_Wilson
    Jeanne_Wilson Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Here is a workaround for the recent "can't exit CC on a Kindle Fire" problem: The problem for me was that (as of an update two weeks ago) the Kindle menu icon/button disappeared from the middle of the right side of the screen.  My work-around is: Press and hold the hardware button for shutting down the Kindle.  When you see the option to "Cancel" or "Shutdown", SELECT CANCEL.  Hopefully, the missing Kindle menu icon will reappear for you; it does for me.

• Holly_Waterfall
    Holly_Waterfall Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

As of this morning (June 29, 2016), my Kindle is now back to working fine. The "menu" icon has returned. Not sure why it took so long to fix but thank you to King for finally doing it!

• Rose_Budge
    Rose_Budge Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

NOT FIXED ON MY KINDLE!!!!!!!

• ansible
    ansible Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Not fixed on mine either. A game.e should not hide the home button.

• Holly_Waterfall
    Holly_Waterfall Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

Well apparently I made an error and it is NOT fixed. Now there HAS been an update. So my guess is they are not going to fix it and we just boycott this game until they do. If King can be annoying then so can we!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?