level 1958 cant get enough points

Options
barnwpk
barnwpk Posts: 4 Newbie

level 1958 cant get enough points.  Any help would be appreciated.  level 1958 cant get enough points

Answers

• tomtom
    tomtom Posts: 32 Level 2
    Options

Passed on tenth attempt 80K without boosters.  Made 35 K points in the middle leaving the corners alone. After time ran out , the corners exploded adding enough points to allowed me to barely pass.

• Bruce_Hayward
    Bruce_Hayward Posts: 80 Level 2
    Options

Tomtom is spot on. I also concentrated on making matches in the centre & leaving the four corners intact. 

I also did not use any Boosters.

• Tracy-7
    Tracy-7 Posts: 368 Level 2
    edited September 2016
    Options

I did what tomtom, and Bruce said, worked from the middle, and finally beat it after 2 days of being stuck. Thanks guys !!  

• noreply
    noreply Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Stuck for over a week.  Spent numerous boosters, played this level hundreds of times.  Tried everything, can't beat this level.  Going to try Angry Birds for a while.  I give up for now on Candy Crush.

• Bluskies
    Bluskies Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I, too have been having problems with this level.  Even getting enough points in the middle seems to be difficult.  Hopefully my 'lucky board" will come soon.  Sigh

• oldmantrying
    oldmantrying Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

This one is another stinker they should make the designers play before they can go home. I'm pushing 200 losses now and am getting really frustrated coming up short so many times. Making multiple stripes and wraps and never having a time candy drop is just wrong. Hopefully the mobile issue will be adjusted like they have done on other bad luck levels to make it more fun and not so irritating. This is supposed to be my relaxing mind exercise for my old brain.

• Bruce_Hayward
    Bruce_Hayward Posts: 80 Level 2
    Options

Hello Oldmantrying. I am 74. My Doctor said to me a couple of years ago that a busy brain is a healthy brain.. 

CC used to be perfect, but not now. I loved the challenge of looking at a layout & predicting how they would fall. Bit now there are too many timed levels that take the challenge away & too many Boosters. that i use to blast my way to the next level. The fun has gone & i decided that when i got to Level 2000, then i would move on. I was hoping that the levels would stop at 2000, but i am currently at Level 1985 & looking forward i can see future levels under construction going up to at least 2015. I should have more self discipline & not use Boosters, but they are now part of the game & they have to be deployed on most of these latest Levels. 

As for 1958. i did not have much difficulty with it. Must have found the lucky Board. If you hate timed levels, the last 15 that i just finished (1971 ~1985) have no timed levels. Good luck "oldman" i am going back to my beloved Cryptic Crosswords.

• ECP
    ECP Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I've been on level 1958 for about a week, using the 'focus on the middle strategy' to no avail.  Closest I got was about 70,000.  I consider myself lucky when I get 60,000...which isn't often.  A more realistic point goal to win should be 55,000 to 65,000 to win.  The only way to get 80,000 is to get a lucky board.  I hate when a level involves more luck then strategy

• oldmantrying
    oldmantrying Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

Hello Oldmantrying. I am 74. My Doctor said to me a couple of years ago that a busy brain is a healthy brain.. 

CC used to be perfect, but not now. I loved the challenge of looking at a layout & predicting how they would fall. Bit now there are too many timed levels that take the challenge away & too many Boosters. that i use to blast my way to the next level. The fun has gone & i decided that when i got to Level 2000, then i would move on. I was hoping that the levels would stop at 2000, but i am currently at Level 1985 & looking forward i can see future levels under construction going up to at least 2015. I should have more self discipline & not use Boosters, but they are now part of the game & they have to be deployed on most of these latest Levels. 

As for 1958. i did not have much difficulty with it. Must have found the lucky Board. If you hate timed levels, the last 15 that i just finished (1971 ~1985) have no timed levels. Good luck "oldman" i am going back to my beloved Cryptic Crosswords.

I agree with you 100% about the newer levels coming out. I feel just the way you do about it all. I know the level is passable but it's all about the lucky boards lately that I seem to be not getting. Logic says that since we got to this level we do know how to play the game. Good luck to us both, seems that it's more that than any skill lately.
  • Bluskies
    Bluskies Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I've been on level 1958 for about a week, using the 'focus on the middle strategy' to no avail.  Closest I got was about 70,000.  I consider myself lucky when I get 60,000...which isn't often.  A more realistic point goal to win should be 55,000 to 65,000 to win.  The only way to get 80,000 is to get a lucky board.  I hate when a level involves more luck then strategy

I've been on this for 10 days and I've been a couple of thousand of points away. So frustrating! I agree the point requirement is too high.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?