⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Connection errors and unable to contact support

Options
grenbren
grenbren Posts: 4 Newbie

Hi!

I used to play on my previous device several months ago. Then I got a new phone and decided to continue playing. I am pretty sure I've synced my original progress with King account.

However, I faced an unusual problem. Once I tried to restore my progress, I faced "Connection error, try later" error in the log in page. "Forgot my password" option also returned the same connection error.

I checked some FAQ articles on the forum and tried basic troubleshooting:

- I reinstalled the game several times, no luck

- I cleared the game's cache (I have an Android phone), still no luck

- I changed my internet connection type (Wi-fi/cellular), used several Wi-fi sources in different places, just to make sure, nothing happened

- I even followed more complex instructions suggested on the forum, like disabling internet connection, launching the game and only then enabling internet. Same result.

Then I figured it is pointless and decided to contact support to get some help with my issue. However, I faced even more frustrating issue. Apparently, I am not able to contact support due to the same connection error:

- I am unable to sync my new lvl 1 game with Facebook/new King account due to the same connection error

- When I try to reach support via in-game "?" button I get endless loading screen

- When I use direct "Contact Support" link (found on this forum) I get another connection error!

Am I banned for some reason? What's going on? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Options

Welcome to the King Community 🥰

Since you have already reinstalled the app, you shouldn't have the problem. However, make sure you uninstall and then reinstall the app properly.

1. Open the Google Play Store app .
    2. At the top right, tap the Profile icon.
    3. Tap Manage apps & devices. Manage.
    4. Tap the name of the app you want to delete.
    5. Tap Uninstall.

After uninstalling the app again restart the device and then reinstall the app.

I hope this step solves your problem, otherwise let us know.

Thank you.

• grenbren
    Options

Hey!

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. I've deleted the app from Google Play Store, restarted my device, installed the game again, still no luck. I get the same error and still unable to contact support:(

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,216 Legend
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hello @grenbren unfortunately the 'connection error' is an issue that has been going on for years and there doesn't seem to be a definitive fix for the issue.

I think you should try a 'belt and braces' approach to your issue before trying anything else.

Uninstall the app from your device.

Restart your device.

Clear your browsing history using the 'All Time' option and make sure you include the Cookies and site data option (make sure you know all of your passwords).

Restart your device

Reinstall the game app

Restart your device

Sign in to your game and play any level.

If this doesn't help you will need to contact Player Support using the link below.

• grenbren
    Options

Hi!

@Alienscar

Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried following your instructions, including clearing all the browsing history. Still no luck:(

And following the direct support link gives me this (screenshot attached)

It happens with several networks (Wi-fi and cellular). I don't know what else to try:(

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,216 Legend
    Options

Hi @grenbren well that really is a head scratcher. A 404 error for the support link doesn't make a lot of sense to me as it means the URL is wrong or not recognised by the client server.

I can only think of two things for you to try. The first is to search for King Support yourself using your own search engine. This way you eliminate any potential errors in the Support link.

The second option is a bit of an odd suggestion but I can't think of anything else. I suggest you try creating a new account using a new email address. Try something like temp-mail.org that allows you to create a throw away email address that only lasts for 1-2 hours before it is deleted. This should be long enough for you to see if Candy Crush works with a new email address.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?