Level 566 in Alphabetty Saga far too difficult

Options
John_Hawkins
John_Hawkins Posts: 1 Newbie

I know that some levels on Alphabetty Saga can be tricky but this is one that within two moves usually you have to quit. I've gotten to the last move with one six letter word remaining to finish and had nothing. I've only got to that point once in several attempts. Most games will result in a double reshuffle and losing a life.

I've tried all the various starters include +2 crowns, remove mousetraps e.t.c, but only the +2 moves is worth using as you will at some point (usually at the start) have to waste two moves to get going.

Suggest that you consider removing the two exclamation marks in the middle or add one or two moves to make it passable. The start is down to pure luck and several times having 4 letter J's on the board or even a couple of Qu's means a restart almost immediately.

Answers

• Caseymc
    Caseymc Posts: 14 Level 2
    edited October 2017
    Options

I agree. This is the kind of frustrating level that makes people quit the game. There are just too many types of blockers: unusual letters, mousetraps, exclaimers, stealers AND codices. Seriously what were they thinking. 

• Kate_Key
    Kate_Key Posts: 25 Level 2
    Options

Same here we had this problem some games back when we had to get 6 x10 letter words it was impossible until King decided to change it 10X6 letter words I wonder if they ever try these games out or are they just computer generated ?

Come on King you are going to lose a lot of loyal players !

• Sage_Derby
    Sage_Derby Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I agree with all the above. I enjoy a challenge, but I shan't bother with this one again until it is revised.

• IEEEgal
    IEEEgal Posts: 54 Level 2
    Options

I beat it! Removed the 2 exclamators, got crowns with 3 4-letter words, and used a +5 moves. Don't give up, you can beat it too!

• Kate_Key
    Kate_Key Posts: 25 Level 2
    edited October 2017
    Options

Same here got a bit of a lucky board got to last one and even though I saw a 6 letter on board ran out of moves had 6 gold bars so reluctantly had to buy some ! Something I never do however am now stuck on the next level think they are going to continue being difficult 

• Caseymc
    Options

I think the point is that you should be able to finish a level without having to buy your way out of it.  If it can't be beat without a purchase, it's too hard, and not fair of King. IMHO

• RJP
    RJP Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

More than half the time, I cannot make a single move on this level, even starting with two crowns. Often, if I make just 1 move before I have to quit, I made a 3-letter word with 2 crowns.

Out of several hundred attempts to pass this level, the closest has been 1 6-letter word to go; got there once, and there were no vowels remaining.

Someone said to use +2 moves instead at the beginning. The Royal Guard is not available on this level. There is a +1 move, and that's pointless if you don't clear a significant part of the board on the first move, which is difficult to do with a 3- or 4-letter word, and it often doesn't matter because the four mousetraps move into the way and there's no way to make ANY 5-letter words because there are no 5 letters adjacent to each other.

• Caseymc
    Options

I just passed it! I went in with Royal Guard (or Mermouse would work) giving me 2 extra moves, and got lucky I guess. I lucked out with a 6 letter word on the first move, and using the blaster it created really cleaned out the board. One thing I did learn was to try to start at the top of the board as starting at the bottom is problematic because the letters don't move down until the 3rd move. Hang in there. Oh, and the next level is a pain too. YAY 

• RJP
    RJP Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

Royal Guard isn't available on this level. It's available only for puzzles with cheese blocks.

• Caseymc
    edited October 2017
    Options

Royal Guard isn't available on this level. It's available only for puzzles with cheese blocks.

You're right. I must have used Cowboy Mouse or Mermouse. I think Cowboy Mouse as it's the default booster on level 566. It's also funny that this isn't even a "hard" level.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?