⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Connot Defer "Claim Prize" for Winning a Contest

Options
Ametro
Ametro Posts: 2 Newbie
edited March 26 in Support

If I win a contest (top 3 finish), often the prize awarded is unlimited something (lives or some types of candy) for 1 or 2 hours.

If I don't have an hour or two to spare just then, I will close the app (playing on iPhone) without selecting the "Claim Prize" button.  If I return to the game several hours later, the "Claim Prize" screen is again presented, but selecting it then does nothing.   This has happened two or three times, so would seem to be consistent behaviour. 

Not looking for rewards - just reporting a glitch that needs fixing.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,698 Sweet Legend
    Options

When you are rewarded infinity hours the clock starts ticking immediately.  So walking away from the game or closing the game and coming back hours later does not save your time.  So say you got 2 free infinity hours and you walked away from the game for 1 hr. 45 minutes, when you come back to the game there will only be 15 minutes left for you to play.  It's not a glitch, it's the way that the lives were set up.  

• Ametro
    Ametro Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 2018
    Options

Thanks for the respone, Elsa, however this does not seem to address this situation.  In this case, a top-3 finisher viewing completed contest results will trigger a notification window specifying prizes to be won and presenting an interactive button to "Claim Prize"... however, this button was NOT actually selected when first seen.  Rather, the game was closed and re-opened at a later time, with intention of deferring claim of prizes.  This seems to work as reloading the game later does again present the Claim Prize screen - but selecting it then awards no timed prizes won.  The clock on unlimited candy or lives (for some time period) seems to 'start ticking' as soon as the "Claim Prize" screen is first presented, regardless of whether selected.  It should 'start ticking' when the Claim Prize button is actually selected.  If the Claim Prize button does and triggers nothing, why show it?

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4
    Options

@Elsa I think I get what he is saying. It seems like the claim prize button is glitched or something and doesn't let you claim your reward later, or disappear like it is supposed to after the time is up. It does seem like it starts ticking from the time that notice comes up, and NOT when you press accept. I think we should elevate this to the Moderator to see what she says about this. It seems like it may just be a glitch that may be fixable. This is very interesting. I can post this for the Mod right now for you. :) Thank you @Ametro for writing to King Care and to Elsa for answering. Have a great day!

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,653 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hi Ametro, 

In all King games they seem to award prizes like this and as Elsa said, it starts straight away. It works the same in Farm heroes too. 

The claim prize button really is just a notification that you have won to make it look special. So that is why when you click it later it doesn't do anything because it is already counting down.

Ideally it would be better to defer the prize until you are ready to use it, I also hear that about other games, but unfortunately that is not the way it is set up. So yes, the glitch you are seeing the screen later, possibly because it hasn't registered you clicked it earlier, but the timing isn't the glitch.

I will pass this on to one of the moderation team though as you never know, the possibility of deferring it may be an idea for future release if it is possible. 

Thank you for posting :)

• Steve_Yeo
    Steve_Yeo Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited September 2018
    Options

When you are rewarded infinity hours the clock starts ticking immediately.  So walking away from the game or closing the game and coming back hours later does not save your time.  So say you got 2 free infinity hours and you walked away from the game for 1 hr. 45 minutes, when you come back to the game there will only be 15 minutes left for you to play.  It's not a glitch, it's the way that the lives were set up.  

Hi Elsa, I too have been unlucky with winning infinity. It took a LOT of time and games and actually won 1st prize. As our friends here have said though, leaving the "claim prize" button alone doesnt allow us to defer. After several long hours struggling to win, find that the prize is actually 6 further free infinity hours. Who can actually play for another 6 hours immediately without any planning in the real world? If this is not a glitch then it is a serious flaw in the game in which I feel is detrimental to the player. I suggest that you look into this because as you are aware, this game has been created to be addictive and for you to create a scenario where a person has to stay on the mobile/pc for a further 6 consecutive hours can be damaging.
  • boonavite
    boonavite Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

It’s 2022 and this issue seems unresolved. There should be an option to ‘claim later’ as this does seem to be set up to force players to play an hour of game right away. Spending time with family and work are more important right? This does not consider the welfare of players. I’m new and this is a source of frustration. This might just make me not want to even open the app for one or two games for fear a prize will pop up with timed booster that I cannot commit to at that time. I’d just rather not open the app at all.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,397 Legend
    Options

Hello @boonavite the lack of a working 'Claim' button is a major fault of the game, and it is often complained about.

All you can do is vote on the Idea I have linked below and hope for the best.

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

You can avoid claiming a reward if you close the app and reopen it sometimes… but some rewards you must claim of you want to play

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?