📱Why can't I play on iOS 10 anymore?

Options
QueenB
QueenB Posts: 14,096 Community Manager
edited March 2023 in Support

Hello!

From March 1st it will no longer be possible to play Candy Crush Saga on iOS 10. That means that if your device uses iOS 10, you won’t be able to play any new levels, and you won’t receive any new features or events. 

Online Player vs Player features will also be unavailable when playing on an older version of the game.

How to check which IOS version I have?

1. Go to your iPad or iPhone's home screen, then touch the "Settings" icon.
  2. From there, select "General."
  3. Next, tap "About." You'll see all of the information about your device, including the version of your iOS device.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Feel free to ask any questions you might have in this discussion.

Comments

• panda-7
    panda-7 Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options

Well that's sad. Would this relate to my Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet, 10th generation? Candy Crush isn't wanting to download on it. Just sits at 0%. and won't download. I tested other apps/games and they download fine.

• Starfish33
    Starfish33 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

If you can’t play on iOS 10 it sounds like you’re on playing on an Apple product. The current iOS system is on 16. If you are still able to update whatever device you’re on, doing that would fix the issue you’re having. The only problem is if you’re going from that much of a leap it’s going to take a long time complete the update.

I’m not sure when it comes to a fire tablet.

• Nadia1770
    Nadia1770 Posts: 861 Level 5
    Options

Hi! I play on iPad, but I do not know my iOS. However I am going to check. Is there any info if this affects other King games as well?

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,741 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi @panda-7 this message is only for Apple devices so I don't think it relates to your Amazon tablet. Are you still having trouble loading the game? If so, have you tried to clear out the history/cache? The last possible advice I would give you is to uninstall and reinstall the game because if you have any boosters you would lose them as they are only saved to your device. But if you have done everything and you don't have any boosters you can see if the uninstall/reinstall will work. The gold bars will not disappear since they are saved on their server.

@kvangaal I think the older operating systems just can't handle the game updates. It requires more memory and if it's an old IOS operating system then it won't have enough memory for updates and I think that might be the only reason why these changes come about.

Hi @Nadia1770 did you find out what operating system you have? I have 2 iPads and when I go to update them one will update to the current OS but the other won't because it's an older model. I'm not sure if it goes per game or updates from the studio. Perhaps we can get more information from our community manager @QueenB.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?