Is there a problem in level 2603?

Options
Evan_Lei
Evan_Lei Posts: 295 Level 3

I was stuck in this level for a month now. Since I did not use boosters over time in this level, it is difficult to get the dragons down. I looked at walkthroughs, but I quit the level if there is:

• Little progress on 3- and 5-layered swirls
  • Has 3 moves or less
  • The two dragons were not unlocked

Since I was stuck in this level, three extra moves were added in some cases, but still did not pass the level. Five colors make passing difficult, so do the locked keys. Now, this level hasn't been passed for at least 150 attempts. 24 moves make it impossible to pass this level.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,779 Legend
    Options

It is certain that some levels are designed in such a way that they can only be completed by using boosters and/or gold bars to buy extra moves.

Don't make the mistake of holding onto your boosters when you are stuck on a level @Evan_Lei. In the condition that your board is shown in the screenshot one UFO and a couple of lollipop hammers would have finished the level for you.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 5,940 Level 5
    Options

Hi there @Evan_Lei I agree with @Alienscar on this. This is exactly the kind of situation boosters are best for. In fact I am pretty sure just one UFO alone would have cleared those three toffee swirls just under the dragons and given you this level.

As you work through levels in the early thousands they do get harder. Although the YouTube videos still show solutions without boosters, these videos often rely on a "lucky board". Who gets a "lucky board" and when is not really down to luck, it is written into the algorithm, and King developers change algorithms regularly. Some levels are put in deliberately to stop a win streak and encourage players to part with their gold or pay money for extra moves. There will be more such levels as you move along the game. It's best to never completely run out of boosters or gold, just for those. I always make sure I have just a few lollipop hammers and switches in hand just for those levels where you you are just one candy short of passing, to avoid having to pay gold for extra moves. Good luck!

• christinewupp
    Options

To add to my comment above, though I am not absolutely sure on this, I do sometimes get the impression in my game that a lucky board comes more quickly if I play the level through to completion again and again. Quitting when you see there is no chance of winning may in fact delay the appearance of a lucky board.

• Evan_Lei
    Evan_Lei Posts: 295 Level 3
    Options

Now I haven't pass this level, and since the design of the level is horrible at the start, the colors makes the game harder. Adding three moves helps a bit, but still says not enough moves.

• Johnny_Crush
    Johnny_Crush Posts: 309 Level 3
    edited May 2023
    Options

To add to my comment above, though I am not absolutely sure on this, I do sometimes get the impression in my game that a lucky board comes more quickly if I play the level through to completion again and again. Quitting when you see there is no chance of winning may in fact delay the appearance of a lucky board.

It is quite the opposite.

• christinewupp
    Options

Thanks for pointing that out. I've got so bored with the game now I'm not sure I can be bothered to keep playing. But if I do, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?