cant pass levels unless i use gold

Options
mangotwin
mangotwin Posts: 1 Newbie

from 9,000 onwards and now at 10,075 unless i pay gold for moves a level can take days or weeks to pass. i have gradually stopped playing. boring.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,411 Legend
    Options

Hello @mangotwin I am only at level 4300+ but I am finding the same problem. I now have zero gold and no way of winning anymore.

I guess I will soon have to stop playing as lucky boards no longer seem to be a thing.

• Zee-2
    Zee-2 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Options

I agree. Unless you keep on buying and collecting gold bars, you cannot win any levels over 12,000. I have spent over $500. Not any more. I am parting ways with CCS

• fábriciakraus
    fábriciakraus Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited May 2023
    Options

*Edited by CM: 🤔 Oops! Please repost in English so everyone can understand - Our House Rules 

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 540 Level 3
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Alienscar I do feel your pain! I'm at level 13700+. AI will eventually let you win a "tough" level.

Example which I had a hell of a time last week... levels 13641-13655, grrrr, took me days. 8 "tough" levels (most were on a nightmare or super hard). Crazy ridiculous! Next Episode was just as bad, but only 6 "tough" levels LOL. Got through them, though, once I decided I wasn't going to get mad anymore. Sure, I used up all my boosters and gold bars, but on those very difficult levels, the AI finally let me pass. (Level 13650...took me 48 tries!) NOT LYING!

Anyway, just wanted to vent somewhere and this seemed an okay thread to do so! 😸

Still love the game even though it p***** me off constantly!

BTW, I NEVER have spent money on this free game and NEVER will. I don't understand those who do. Please explain it to me. 🤔 Thanks.

Happy Crushing!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,396 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Rhonda_L I don't understand it either why people spend so much money on this game, I agree. The game is being manipulated in a way to get players addicted, and I guess that is why. I think many players still think it is a game they can win if they use the right strategy and do not see how fixed the algorithms are. It's probably like gambling. I never understood how people can spend so much on slot machines either.

Once you get to level 13,000 it becomes just unplayable. It is good to hear that the AI does still let you win eventually, I can't say it happened in my game in the past few weeks, and I really thought they had stopped ever letting players pass this high up in the game. I guess I just don't have your patience. I still have some gold, so by the time they offer me 65 extra moves I pay to move on. If it takes days to pass one level the game is just not fun.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,411 Legend
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @Rhonda_L thanks for the information I find it very helpful.

Still love the game even though it p***** me off constantly!

Haha I totally get this, but day by day I find that having to play the same level over and over, sometimes for days, is making me like the game less and less.

Funnily enough Episodes I have just completed were similar to yours. Level after level of Hard or Nightmarishly Hard levels. Two Episodes I have just completed contained ten Hard/Super Hard/Nightmarishly Hard levels. What I particularly do not like is that they both Episodes ended in a Nightmarishly Hard Level and one of them started with a Hard level. Looking back through my Episodes I find it interesting* that the majority of levels have a Nightmarishly Hard level three levels from the end of the Episode.

I have seen nothing in my game to indicate that lucky boards are still provided, but, like Christine, I use my gold once I have played to the 65 extra moves. Now that I have run out of gold I guess I am going to find out if lucky boards are still a thing. If I have the patience to play for that long.

Still love the game even though it p***** me off constantly! BTW, I NEVER have spent money on this free game and NEVER will. I don't understand those who do. Please explain it to me.

Well there's the thing Rhonda, addiction takes all kinds of forms. So whilst others pay to feed their Candy addiction other people show it in more subtle ways like playing even though it frustrates them.

People that pay aren't that hard to understand I think as there is enough information online to indicate that Candy Crush is designed to be addictive to people of a certain mind-set. If you Goggle 'is Candy Crush addictive' look for an article by the Guardian.

Also what comes to mind is a saying about walking a mile in someone else's shoes. It is a sad fact that for some people playing Candy Crush (or other online games) is a lifeline and maybe their only 'contact' with the outside world.

*I find it interesting that Super Hard and Nightmarishly Hard levels are placed where they are because it would indicate a deliberate attempt by King to make people struggle just before the end of an Episode Race. For me this is a blatant attempt at encouraging people to pay to complete the Race.

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 540 Level 3
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Alienscar and @christinewupp Thanks for your responses! Really appreciate it. THIS respond back may be kinda long and I apologize for that in advance.

First, I'll try to explain myself when I say "tough" levels.

I'm not talking about just the Nightmare, Super Hard or just Hard Levels. Maybe y'all don't have it on your game. You play a level over and over. When you finally pass it, a banner shows up at the top saying "You passed a tough level, tasty!". Doesn't matter if it's a nightmare, super, hard or supposedly easy. CCS never gives a heads up that it's going to be a "tough" level. I can kinda figure it out after a few tries. It's just harder than normal. Hope I explained it right! Those 2 episodes I was referring to had so many "tough" levels, it was crazy stupid!

And, next,

@christinew@christinewupp you so made me laugh about the gambling thing with slot machines. Brought me back to the time I rode with my ex-husband OTR. Before going into California, we used to stop in Jean, Nevada where big trucks had parking. I'd go in to play slots with my $20 limit. I'd actually get bored after playing $10 on 25¢ slots. Then husband Jim would come up and ask, "can I some more money?" Too funny! So sad, as he was playing $1 slots Long story short, I understand about a gambling addiction!

@Alienscar I think it was you that responded a while back when I said I had freaky problems with ads playing. They were opening and closing and I got no extra moves or boosters. Well, one day last week, I muted the sound I listening to, and low and behold, Ads started playing right. Thought it was a coincidence, but a couple days later, I forgot to mute. Back to the same ole. Weird, right?

Now, as far as patience?! LOL seems like I have a lot of it, not really. I'm a narcissist when it comes to this game. Love it and hate it at the same time.

And, finally, both of you, @Alienscar and @christinewupp I love y'alls posts. Very helpful indeed.

One other thing, CCS changed another of my "go to" levels. Not going to say which one for obvious reasons. They replaced the green with red. However, I'm still able to rock with the Orange!

Happy Crushing, my friends!

• powelllasonya8810
    powelllasonya8810 Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

I can't get past the level that I am on unless I use gold bars but I purchase any and the ones that I have already done won I have not received them for some reason I don't understand why

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 195 Level 2
    Options

Alienscar and christinewupp, you both really impress me I am only on the 2000's level and sometimes get stuck for days until I suddenly pass, if I have gold I will wait for the extra 65 moves to finally get of the level but if I don't I just keep plugging along until I use up my few lives than come back later in the day if I can. I don't know what I will do when it gets to the really hard levels that you are talking about, probably give up. But for now it keeps me entertained for a little while, I like reading your comments.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?