⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 5,895 Level 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

Why is it that the King of Candy Crush, Jay, the All Stars winner, can play in horizontal mode on his iPad Pro, resting on his magic keyboard? I can't on my iPad which has a magic keyboard, too. Can anyone else still play in horizontal mode? If the winner of the All Stars competition is a horizontal player, perhaps King might reconsider making Candy Crush an all portrait game???? This is the image Jay posted of himself playing:

I can't do that! Anyone else out there who can?

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,363 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options

I could until recently. Which seems to suggest that the test has been expanded and possibly not to 100% of players which is usual for tests. You'd have to ask one of the candy mods though as I don't know.

• christinewupp
    edited June 2023
    Options

@QueenB Over a month ago we were being told that the new portrait only mode was here to stay and I got very frustrated and almost stopped playing because of this.

I used to play on an iPad with a magic keyboard attached, sitting at a table/desk, like @mudbits Jay, the winner of All Stars. The portrait only mode makes it impossible for me to play Candy Crush except resting in an armchair, so that means I play a lot less now. Having seen now that some players still get horizontal orientation I would like to request that this is brought back to be optional for everybody. When I log into my game the logo is horizontal at first, but then it flips sideways when the map loads, making it impossible for me to play sitting at a desk or table. I have a bad back and sit at a table for health reasons, I would like to add.

• Ldavis53
    Ldavis53 Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options
  • pomfretr
    pomfretr Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I play Candy Crush on an iPad. Now that it has switched to only portrait mode I really hate it. Controls are all in the wrong place and the iPad is not really physically stable in portrait mode. I’m at level 5000+ and haven’t noticed any great features that are enhanced in portrait mode. I’m playing it much less (maybe that’s a good thing) and I suspect it won’t be long before I stop playing it at all.

• AhhMissDee
    AhhMissDee Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Well it will be goodbye to Candy Crush for me then. It’s so insulting to those of who have played for years. For your information, I’m currently on level 10992! Not all of us are 16 and playing on our phones 🤬🤬🤬

• dctink5210
    dctink5210 Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

I stopped being active, except to log in so I can send lives to friends who request, due to the recent change to only allowing play in portrait mode, which is incredibly uncomfortable on an Ipad. I told support my opinion and basically the answer was sorry bout ya! Frankly I am less stressed and enjoying several other games (Bingo). Curious if anyone else had the gumption to take a stand?

m less

• christinewupp
    edited June 2023
    Options

. I'm not giving up yet either. Especially since certain players CAN apparently still play in horizontal mode.... Let's keep complaining and hope someone listens. People really are dropping out because of this. Thanks for posting this.

• christinewupp
    Options

@QueenB It is now over two months down the line and people are still complaining that they CANNOT play Candy Crush any more because of portrait only mode. So no, it is not making the game any better in any way for anyone. And All Stars winner Jay is apparently still playing on his iPad Pro in horizontal mode resting on his magic keyboard on his desk so why can't I play on MY iPad horizontally resting on my magic keyboard at my table? Players are actually dropping out of the game because of this.

• dctink5210
    dctink5210 Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

Absolutely and I didn't realize some players were able to continue, that stinks!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?