I’ve played my last game.

Options
janice109
janice109 Posts: 1 Newbie

I’ve played Candy Crush for 9 years and reached level 13921. A few weeks ago, when I was stuck on an extremely hard level with the usual inadequate amount of moves, I finally, FOR THE FIRST TIME, purchased 10 gold bars for the grand total of 99 cents. That’s all I did. From that point forward, I NO LONGER receive any video ads or other opportunity to obtain boosters without spending money. I’ve waited a few weeks to see if I was just imagining this, but to date, there has not been one ad or free extra moves. I delved into this further and found that I’m not alone. Apparently, King feels that once you open the purse strings and pay 99 cents (or whatever), you must be independently wealthy and, from now on, you you can afford to fund your boosters with cash. Well, King, you should know that some of the video ads interested me and I patronized some of them. I guess your sponsors wouldn’t be happy to know that I’ve decided to uninstall Candy Crush as of today just based on principle. King, that’s a lousy practice. Lots of CC players have described this same experience. I imagine many of them have, or will, do as I’m doing and uninstall Candy Crush. Oh well!! janice109

Comments

• am092155
    am092155 Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options
  • magichour
    magichour Posts: 40 Level 2
    Options

Same here I just posted about how I get multiple ads to buy stuff. It’s irritating and no video ads to get free things and yes I did purchase something. I loved this game and have played since it first came out. It’s just not that fun anymore

• Chocoguy
    Chocoguy Posts: 111 Level 3
    Options

What a load of crap! I think that this is just unfair to the player, and they are losing money by doing this! One purchase of not even a dollar, compared to a little bit of money (I’ll guess 20 cents) for every ad watched, is a big difference! Watching 100 ads gives them 20 dollars if my estimates are correct.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?