⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• dwhager
    dwhager Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I am on level 13054 and will stop playing if the portrait mode is permanent. Ruined the game for me when you changed it on my iPad today.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,026 Candy Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @dwhager🤗 Hearty Welcome to our crushing King Community!

The Candy Crush game team has started actually started a test in last December. At that time, it was limited few groups of players. But, from today onwards, the test is moved to all mobile devices.

Many are upset with this change! And our Candy Community In-charge is gathering feedback. Please keep an eye on the main thread --> Candy Crush Portrait Mode to check for any updates!

Thank you for joining our Community and providing your feedback 🍫🍫

• steelex4
    steelex4 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

The people have spoken. Please bring back landscape. No fair changing the rules and not even letting us know about it beforehand. What the heck?

• llee
    llee Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options
  • meeuwissenmichael
    meeuwissenmichael Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

I used to play the game on my iPad in landscape mode . That’s the way I always use my iPad . Now they’ve changed it so that this game is only available in Portrait mode . Not an improvement. It’s a setback . Also if you want to scroll back to earlier levels it takes ages now . They made it this way to discourage people .This game has become completely unattractive to play .

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,076 Level 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have read some of the comments here. Looks like I am not the only one who sits at a desk or table here with her iPad for reasons of comfort and health. This is the best posture for my back. It's not very "inclusive" of King to force anyone with arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome to quit playing.

If you want me to stop hounding the community with my complaints @QueenB the best way would be to bring back landscape mode. I used to always play Candy Crush over my morning coffee at the kitchen table. Now I tell people to quit playing Candy Crush, because that I CAN do, sitting at the table in comfort with my magic keyboard.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options

It's a fair question and yes, up until now the landscape removal has been a test and it's correct that I have mentioned that portrait was here to stay for the time being. However, it looks like the test is performing well so we're expanding it to more players.

We want to test and make sure changes won't break the game before making a final decision but it looks like the portrait is here to stay.

• LollyPops123
    LollyPops123 Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

I agree! Many of us will likely be playing less if we have to awkwardly play in portrait mode only. Hopefully they’ll bring back landscape mode soon!

• LollyPops123
    LollyPops123 Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

I agree completely!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,031 Legend
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @PummyRaj

My 'quoted text' from QueenB said:

We always want the game to be fresh and fun. It's just that sometimes we have to remove a feature to make room for new exciting ones.

'Removal' is pretty much a permanent condition and in no way implies a test and that is my reliable source.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?