I've Had It, I'm Starting Over

Options
CailiWest
CailiWest Posts: 2 Newbie

The whole reason I started playing CCS was because it was relaxing fun. Sure, there would be the odd really challenging level - or even frustrating - but I could always figure it out (usually with maybe 5-10 lives lost at most).

However, once I got to 1500ish, everything changed. Many levels were either ridiculously hard, or had absurdly low numbers of moves, or both. There were still times when I could win some levels in a row without undue repetition - say, win 7/8 in 1 or 2 tries, then hit one with 15 moves and get stuck for days, and then another dozen that were okay. This sucked, but since I was still collecting boosters & gold bars, I worked around it.

Then just past level 2000, almost *EVERY* level became impossible. CCS used to be a really fun hour, now it's become a chore. All I can do is play the level I'm on, over and over, going through all my lives within maybe 10 or 15 minutes max; then wait hours for them to be replaced. Boosters are no longer available because I can't make any of the progress to earn them (no races won, no points racked up in F5, etc).

I assume that the point, from King's POV, is profit. After all, once a player gets into 4 digits of levels, they're obviously pretty hooked on the game. It's logical to think that those players would be spend money to continue their habit. Therefore, to get them to spend, make the game tougher by increments so they have to pay for progress, instead of earning it through play.

Unfortunately, I think most people/players are intelligent enough to recognize this as a marketing play. And I for one don't like being manipulated. If you create & provide a game and need players to pay, then charge me for it up front (or after a stated free trial period) and let me decide if I'm willing or not. Don't try to get me hooked first and THEN say "oh, BTW, we're going to need your wallet."

I'd actually be happy to pay a monthly membership fee to play CCS; but I refuse to simply hand over money daily in order to play a phone game. I'm quite frustrated at the idea of quitting something I've enjoyed so much.

Game progress doesn't really mean much to me, aside from having to get through the silly starting levels. So, I'm going to delete the game off my phone and start over. And I guess when I get back up to 1500, I'll delete and start over again.

It would be nice if King offered the option for players to reset their games back to a certain level, and then go forward from there (without losing all the perks received the first time through). I was thinking about it this morning, and it occurred to me that maybe there is an option like this, and I just don't know about it; hence my post here. I'm not very hopeful, since offering an option like this would obviously cut into their profits, but wanted to at least ask - does anyone here know of another way I can restart, besides a complete delete/start over?

If you stuck with me through all this, thank you for your time. Happy playing to all.

-Caili Rose

Comments

• plazaman
    plazaman Posts: 316 Level 3
    Options

Hi @CailiWest I stuck with you all the way through. I stopped playing months ago in the 11000's. It doesn't get any better, in fact it seems to be getting worse. I just follow level feedback and other discussions makes me realise I did the right thing.

I do feel for those carrying on and really hope King starts listening to feedback, can't be good for anyone's health as it is at present.

• José_Savelkoul
    José_Savelkoul Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options

What I've found (if you would start over again), even the early levels have been changed for the worst. :(

• CailiWest
    CailiWest Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Thank you both for your replies. I'm still not looking forward to a restart - especially if, as you say, the early levels have also gone downhill - but I guess it's either that, or find another game altogether.

I did try scrolling back to the 200's and re-playing those levels, since I thought maybe that was a solution. Unfortunately, I discovered that if you've already solved a particular level, you no longer receive boosters/extra moves when re-playing. It also seemed like the number of moves in all the levels were adjusted down on replays (I didn't see any that were over 20 and most were 15).

I guess that makes sense, otherwise all anyone would do is replay older levels; but it still rubs all my fur the wrong way.

Given how many *millions* of players they have across their various games, it seems they'd make a significant profit from offering monthly memberships and keeping the play fair. I currently pay $5/month for the NYT crossword puzzles. But, I guess too many King players get frustrated enough (and have enough disposable income, although I certainly don't) that they pay for bar/booster purchases in the store. Since those start out at $2 a whack, I'm sure the profits are considerable. Evidently I need to just go purchase stock in King.

I play Pet Rescue as well, although I'm not nearly as far along in that one - it involves more strategy and I've run into really tough levels there from the beginning. I guess I need to check out their forum and see if I have a nasty surprise waiting for me on that game too.

• twolup
    twolup Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options

I’m confused, at a certain level you have to have a subscription to get boosters?

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,372 Level 5
    Options

No, that is not so. You are in an old thread here, it's probably best if you post elsewhere. But, no, there is no subscription for boosters, just events that come and go.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?