⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,430 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @NonoGrizz🤗 Hearty Welcome to our sweet King Community!

I completely understand and agree with you about not liking the small screen!

It is the change that was brought in by the Candy Studio and it is here to stay!! Unfortunately, we- as players, cannot do anything about it, except for leaving feedback and hope that they will listen and change the way it was!!

I am sorry that I do not have a better answer for you! Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else. You can reply by simply typing in the blank box given below to my comment.

Thank you for joining our Community! Have a great rest of the day🍫🍫

• Magpiie
    Magpiie Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Quote from your link "We understand you might be disappointed by this change, but rest assured, everything we do is about making our games even better and even more enjoyable for you.".

Congratulations on shooting yourself in the foot, 157 pages of negative comments regarding forced portrait mode means nothing to you?

Well you certainly did NOT make your game better for the thousands of people who play on PC and you definitely made it more UNENJOYABLE.

It's been a good game to play over the years but time to find a new challenge.

BYE BYE.

• teresaleemn
    teresaleemn Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I am playing on my laptop using Windows 11. The past two days the game is the size of what would be displayed on a cell phone. Is there a setting I can change to get it back to normal size? It is very had to see. Thank you!

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 146,006 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/kb/articles/2165-why-cant-i-play-in-landscape-mode-anymore

• teresaleemn
    teresaleemn Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thanks for your quick response. I'm not thrilled with the answer however as it is very difficult to play this way. I hope you consider changing it back for people playing on a computer. Thank you!

• DaisyShift123
    DaisyShift123 Posts: 18 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

Wondering why the sudden change from landscape to portrait mode for people with tablets and pcs? It's a massive accessibility issue for people with dexterity or sight issues. The game is no longer playable.

My attempts to reach the King help people has been next to fruitless. King, do you not want your games to be accessible to as many people as possible?

• scooter1
    scooter1 Posts: 32 Level 2
    Options

I see by the posts here there are people like me having problems seeing the game with the resizing. If that isn't bad enough the chocolate box has been changed for the worse. Obviously the developers have too much time on their hands & think up these ridiculous changes.

• DaisyShift123
    DaisyShift123 Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options

Hey, just came across this discussion. If this change is a test, consider it a big failure for people with accessibility needs. I will not be playing the game until it is changed back to landscape, as it is impossible to play for me.

• Émerik
    Émerik Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options

Why the Game Screen is so small, we can not play anymore it is to small, can't se nothing. I am playing on pc Window 10 in Micorsoft Store. I hope they will fixe it soon. Thank you for you help.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,430 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @Émerik🤗 Hearty Welcome to our sweet King Community!

It is not a glitch or an issue in the game...

It is the change that was brought in by the Candy Studio and it is here to stay!! Unfortunately, we- as players, cannot do anything about it, except for leaving feedback and hope that they will listen and change the way it was!!

I am sorry that I do not have a better answer for you! Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else. You can reply by simply typing in the blank box given below to my comment.

Thank you for joining our Community! Have a great rest of the day🍫🍫

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?