⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• candlydk
    candlydk Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

King wants players and wants the players to spend money, but they don't care if you like their changes or not, We have no say, don't like the new screen will stop playing here

• JCAngel
    JCAngel Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Crazy stupid why o why.

Candy crush Devs get a grip, listen to the players, get this sorted out or this will be the next game heading to the FB games graveyard because no one will play again, we will all go blind if we continue to try and play the game on laptop in portrait mode, what makes you think this is a change for the better. "REALLY"

• MauricioF
    MauricioF Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Good Afternoon. Please go back to HORIZONTAL MODE..!!!!!!!!. 
    On my PC everything looks VERY SMALL. !!!. I don't get used to it. Please...!!!!

• Dave_Brown
    Dave_Brown Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I'm on a laptop too and it just went "small"....how can i fix it?

• spigo55
    spigo55 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

It is now very difficult to see all and not enjoyable

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,150 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/kb/articles/2165-why-cant-i-play-in-landscape-mode-anymore

• butterfat
    butterfat Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

why change the screen like that? I'm 74 years old i can NOT see what you are doing., it just makes me want to quit, sorry but that's how I feel.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited August 2023
    Options

It's horrible and not in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act. Not possible anymore to play on a laptop for many people with vision problems. I've played for literally years but this is the second game in your menu that I will sadly have to abandon because of this. The more players (customers) you lose, the more your revenue will feel it. It makes no sense to me for any business not just to abandon their customers, but to actively choose to displease them, especially since it would be relatively easy for a tech company to provide the user a choice of how the image is viewed and/or suitability for differing types of devices.

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 184 Level 2
    Options

188 Pages and going up everyday, (King are still not listening) and there are other separate pages that have not yet been moved onto this link. I have a theory I might be wrong, maybe King is going to portrait mode for phones as more young people use their phones and maybe the younger people pay more to pass the levels as they do not worry about money as much as us older people that use laptops, computers etc...

I know we older people (not me) do spend money but maybe the younger ones are willing to spend more so King are catering to them. Having said that though if the Devs had any brains they should be able to cater to both Portrait and Landscape mode and not discriminate against people with poorer eyesight or other disabilities that prevent us playing in Portrait mode.

• lorraineq12
    lorraineq12 Posts: 99 Level 2
    Options

well said T0rr1e. Totally agree. I am sick of asking them to change it especially for us oldies

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?