🍫 The Chocolate Box Revamp - Any feedback?

Options

Comments

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,881 Level 5
    Options
    Not a fan. The Chocolate Box doesn't quite appeal to my taste. I prefer the old version

At the moment, totally ignoring the Chocolate Box as I have the "joker box."

• Cuzzin
    Cuzzin Posts: 25 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Not a fan. The Chocolate Box doesn't quite appeal to my taste. I prefer the old version

No kidding. The new box is no substitute. Pulling the 4-square box means only those with money to spend on gold bars are able to advance & enjoy the game. Also, I repeat, time-sensitive rewards are not rewards.

• Hereonlytoplay
    Hereonlytoplay Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options
    It's nice, but... I enjoy the concept, but there could be some improvements to make it even better

It's certainly new, but an improvement? As with most other "improvements", I don't think so.

• nitaroodman_
    nitaroodman_ Posts: 19 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

I HATE the new Chocolate Box. You use all your free lives to fill up the box only to get a “reward” that you have to collect before going forward. The reward is usually 10. minutes of sprinkles and envelopes which you can’t use (or save) because you have no lives.

• BrandyGirl2008
    BrandyGirl2008 Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options

Survey says:

72% don't like new & improved version......

and that will change....absolutely nothing!

• Karenr2
    Karenr2 Posts: 56 Level 2
    Options

I don't like it

Someone said the new version where you can change the auto-selection was practically the same as the old :-

Well not really - I just took another look (not been playing regularly since the main layout change), and it seems you can't go back through the choices and change your mind - if you use all 3 refreshes you are stuck with the last one whether it is suitable or not.

Previously, I would look at the board to see the most appropriate for this stage in MY game.

- if I felt I could do a lot of levels in time (a lot of boosters available for example), and it was the best option on the board, I would do it now, or perhaps just before the enforced 12/24 hour break that occurs if you try to do all 4 too quickly - giving me the 24 hours to achieve the getting of 4 levels (say), rather than leaving it to the end of the 3 days with only 3 hours to complete.

- if I found, having started a choc box, that the selection was wrong for this level and I was getting no where, I could change it to one where I had a better chance.

But now just 3 changes with no going back if you prefer an earlier one after all

Not an improvement.

Another popup to ignore

(if I ever play again that is -

& why show the Candy Royal farce game as I run out of lives, its pointless

& I am not going to pay on a game that has increasingly player unfriendly options.)

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,407 Level 5
    Options
    Neutral. I'm on the fence about the Chocolate Box. It's neither a hit nor a miss for me

You are right, it is not quite as the old one. It's not as good. But in all honesty I don't think King really care about our feedback, whatever we say and therefore I suggested to just stop the trial and get rid of the "Joker" box, the one where you can't even choose. Once King have decided to change the format of something they never go back to how it used to be. Or can anyone prove me wrong on that one? I still think the new box with the three choice switches is the lesser of the two evils. If I had my way I'd have the old candy jars back for boosters. The chocolate box was never as good as that. And everything has just gone downhill since.......

• plazaman
    plazaman Posts: 316 Level 3
    edited August 2023
    Options

I thought there was a voting score showing the majority hated it. Can't see that now on my device, is it me or has it disappeared?

Ignore that, I hadn't clicked on the vote results button. Got it now 72% don't like it.

• Blister
    Blister Posts: 165 Level 3
    Options

How can anyone say they prefer this, it's awful. Whoever thinks of these changes? Maybe they should actually play the game to see how awful they are making things

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 2,007 Level 5
    Options

This new Chocolate Box is really a joke @QueenB @kiara_wael I have now finished this week's new releases, therefore 2 of my options are impossible and the other 2 laughable. Who in their right mind is going to use 3 Party Boosters or 4 UFOs to win the prize on offer ???

This "new" innovation is treating your players as fools and is an insult to our intelligence !!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?