⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• Collywobbles72
    Collywobbles72 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Please put back the original screen size!!!!!

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 144,871 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the feedback. Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here and here

• Collywobbles72
    Collywobbles72 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Well I will not be playing the game anymore. I don't like it and you loose three other players as well. Sorry to hear that you now only cater for phones. Goodbye.😡🤬

• knujhel
    knujhel Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

Why do game developers put their ego and programming skills above the community’s desiderata? It is the community who pays their salaries.

Put Saga back to the landscape mode

• José_Savelkoul
    José_Savelkoul Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited August 2023
    Options
  • bobevo123
    bobevo123 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I just stopped playing when they took away landscape mode. It’s difficult for me to play in portrait mode. As a result, I discovered that there are alternative games out there, more sophisticated and ad free.

• UncleBobby1
    UncleBobby1 Posts: 160 Level 3
    Options

I have been going back and forth with at least 7+ help desk staff since August 3rd. They are always very polite, telling me it's a game improvement. I keep asking how is taking away 1/3 of the screen on the left and 1/3 of the screen on the right, leaving the middle 1/3 of the screen to play on an improvement? All I get for an explanation is Crickets Chirping. When they pulled the same "improvement?????" in Candy Crush Soda Saga they removed it the next day. I haven't played since August 3rd (and worse from their point of view not spent any money).

• crende
    crende Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

Anyone else having issues with the format of candy crush on the laptop through Facebook? All of a sudden my game screen is narrow and long and very small! It's hard to see and all of the boosters don't fit on the page unless you scroll! Also lost the spin board to get new boosters everyday. I contacted King and they blew it off saying there was nothing they could do! This happened once before and after asking them it was fixed! Going to quit if I can't get it fixed!

• lily8light
    lily8light Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

KING - how can you so ceremoniously IGNORE such a flood of feedback from users who DONT give a toss for improvements in how the thing looks - we don’t care about the navigation page - most of our time is spent INSIDE the level … what we want is LANDSCAPE … It’s quite amazing that you can be so arrogant as to just totally DISREGARD so many voices asking you to simply reinstate what you already had …..

One user has suggested a great strategy

GO ONTO APPs STORE. And give Candy Crush a 1 star rating - and say why

• lily8light
    lily8light Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

KING - how can you so ceremoniously IGNORE such a flood of feedback from users who DONT give a toss for improvements in how the thing looks - we don’t care about the navigation page - most of our time is spent INSIDE the level … what we want is LANDSCAPE … It’s quite amazing that you can be so arrogant as to just totally DISREGARD so many voices asking you to simply reinstate what you already had …..

One user has suggested a great strategy

GO ONTO APPs STORE. And give Candy Crush a 1 star rating - and say why

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?