Gold Bars

Options
Victor_10
Victor_10 Posts: 35 Level 2

I am getting sick and tired of it. If you don't pass a level after you already got extra moves the game asks you to burn more gold bars to get a few extra moves and that is completely unfair. How is burning 10 gold bars for 5 extra moves a fair trade? For you to have extra moves your required to give up more gold bars for a few extra moves. Tell me I'm not the only player who feels this way about the game? At some point the Folks at Candy Crush just have to admit that they don't like players winning so many gold bars, so in there minds they try to make the levels a lot harder than they already are just to see the player burn all there gold bars so that the player is forced to burn there own money to buy more. Who among you fell the same way?

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,085 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Victor_10 The fact is that Candy Crush is not an entirely free game any more, not for long term players. Once King have got new players addicted and enjoying the game they make levels harder so that players will, as you say, "burn" gold bars. Once you have "burnt" all your gold that you earned in the easier part of the game then it is pay to play or quit. That is the nature of Candy Crush now, and I do agree with you that this is frustrating and disappointing. But as Candy Crush gold is fake I cannot follow your argument that a certain amount of it is not a fair price for 5 extra moves. It has no value, so if it were one gold or 1000 gold for the extra moves, that seems all the same to me. What IS not a fair trade is spending any real money at all on buying any of the offers in the game. Spending any amount of real money on any amount of fake money in this highly manipulated game is not value for money, ever. And unlike you state, nobody is forced to do so. The choice is clear: spend money or stop playing. Stopping to play is the much better option!

• Victor_10
    Options

Well my whole point of the argument is that how is it a fair trade to give up say 25 gold bars for just 5 extra moves? I also have to ask when your a winning streak and i mean a long one say like 30+ do you feel like Candy Crush is trying to get you lose?

• christinewupp
    Options

I think maybe you are getting conned into spending too much of your gold trying to keep a win streak. That is one of the psychological tricks the game plays on you. There are definitely levels put in place to stop a win streak, levels that really need a lot more moves than they give you. I believe the best way to play Candy Crush is to recognise these levels and NOT pay gold, but to sacrifice a win streak if necessary. That is the way I play the game anyway and it works for me. If you can't see on the screen that you can definitely pass the level in 5 more moves then don't press "play on". In levels like these I believe the best strategy is to keep losing the level (and not wasting any boosters on it) until they offer you 40 or 60 or even 125 extra moves for 10 gold and then when you think it's enough moves pay 10 gold to pass it. You will get back on a win streak before long. But it's up to you of course how you choose to play.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,026 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello Victor @Victor_10 Hearty Welcome back to our sweet Candy Community!

I might not be a good candidate for this discussion, as I do not spend real money for my game(s)! If I win the Gold bars and can spend them, then I continue in the game. If I don't have many GB to spend, I will just try to accumulate some boosters and get back into the game.

But, I am joining anyway because, I would like to talk about spending Gold Bars for extra moves🙂

In your above comment, you asked "how is it fair to spend 25 Gold bars for 5 extra moves"? Were you talking about the amount of gold bars we spend for the 3rd set of "extra moves" we buy to finish our level?

Lately, I have been using too many gold bars to win the game, and in some levels, I had to purchase 3 sets of extra moves!!

So, they would go --> first 5 moves --> 10 Gold bars; second set of 5 moves (+ a color bomb?) --> 16 Gold bars; and third set of 5 moves + a striped candy (I think) --> 25 Gold Bars!!

I felt that those extra gold bars (6+15) we have been spending are towards those special candies we are receiving along with the extra moves!! I wanted to enquire about it, but never gotten a chance!!

Coming back to the discussion, are those the Gold Bars you were mentioning above or something else?

• Victor_10
    Options

Yes. There are those levels where your giving up 25 gold bars just to get 5 Moves? The math doesn't add up. Your wasting 5 times the amount of gold bars just to have 5 extra moves, where in the world doe that make sense?

• PummyRaj
    Options

Ok, Thanks🤗

May be it would cost more if we go for 4th set of extra moves!! But, I drew line with 3 sets of moves. Like Christine said above, when the goal is too far, it is not worthy to waste our gold bars, but better to lose the level, even if it causes to lose the streak!!

I will enquire about it and see if I can get an answer for you🍫🍫

• PummyRaj
    Options

Very smart!!!

What do you want us to do with that reference number?

Do you have a website to go with that reference number!! Otherwise, how do we know and whom do we ask for the update?

• Victor_10
    Options

Are you folks at Candy Crush happy? Cause now a days your game causes me more grief than anything else. You hate when players succeed without buying anything from your store. I can't keep burning gold bars just because you feel that certain levels should be filled with more headaches than joy but i guess that's the company wants it to be. Why is it so hard for all of ya at Candy Crush to just admit you enjoy when players struggle?

• christinewupp
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?