A strange thing happened after level 14720 - another glitch?

teenybee
teenybee Posts: 183 Level 3
edited August 2023 in Discussions

Finally got through 14706-14720 and reached the ‘pink star’. The usual Milestone Offer box popped up. I was out of boosters so I went to check in the App store that I had enough credit to buy one of the options. But I went back to the game, the ‘star’ was no longer available to me and had jumped to the end of the following episode.

A glitch? Will those offers now be available only every 6 episodes instead of 5?

If you have passed these levels could you please let me know where the latest ‘star’ is in your game? Thanks!

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,598 Legend

I have a star at the end of that episode. I have to say though, I never take any notice of these nor do I ever spend any money on such offers. Is it really wise to ever waste money on this screwed up game?

• teenybee

Thanks Christine. Curiouser and curiouser.

Here’s how mine looks

And here’s the end of the next episode

When you click on the star as if you were going to buy, does it stay put?

As for the wisdom of spending money on this screwed up game - you’re right of course. But sometimes needs must. Out of boosters and 8 gold bars = zero chance of getting through the next episode.

• christinewupp
    edited August 2023

Hi there @teenybee . As for the gold star you ask me about, this is what I get when I click on it. I see yours has moved, so you will get it eventually, but I don't think these offers are any good. I'd be interested to know if your offers are similar to mine. It might help me answer my question if players who spend money on the game get better or worse offers next time round.

• teenybee

No, my offers are very different. I can’t post a screenshot until I get to the star - assuming it doesn’t move again - but if memory serves, one of the offers is 250 gb + 6 each of hammers, CBs, W/Ss, fish etc + 4 each of UFOs, hands and a couple more things. This costs 399 Norwegian kroner (c. £30), the same price as 250 gb, without the extras, in the shop.

I don’t remember ever getting more modest Milestone offers like yours, even when I first purchased them.

I do buy the Gold Season Pass every week and supplement my boosters from contests that don’t involve competing against players who have endless new levels to play to get the x30 bonus.

There are so few ways these days for people at the top of the map to earn gold bars to buy extra lives (and btw I never buy extra lives until I’ve built up enough to guarantee I can pass with just one purchase). Win the occasional Episode Race, that’s about it. Gold Rush and such contests are not doable. The chocolate box is hardly worth the effort anymore, since it stopped giving gbs and anything else decent.

I wish there was the occasional contest where being at the top of the map was an advantage, or even just not a disadvantage.

• christinewupp

Yes, that is quite right about being on top of the map. They say you can use the Star Tournament but I find that much too difficult to bother with.

I guess if you can afford it , then keep going using your strategy. Mine is different, and that may well be why they offer me different bundles. The AI knows I'd never ever buy anything for £30, so they offer me cheap things. The game is very manipulative, so just watch out you stay in control. A lot of players do manage to stay up at top without cheating or paying a fortune, so it's still a good strategy if it works for you. As I always say to everyone: So long as you enjoy the game, keep playing. Happy Crushing!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?