Need explanation about sending lives

Options
BklynCwgrl2022
BklynCwgrl2022 Posts: 64 Level 2
edited September 2023 in Discussions

Can someone explain to me what the point is of sending lives anymore since we can no longer accumulate them? And when we run out of saved ones what's the point of winning time if we don't have enough lives to use it up? I don't understand.

Comments

• Espiralado
    Espiralado Posts: 131 Level 3
    Options

Hi, it is possible to accumulate up to 200 lives, here's how:

To accumulate lives you just need to not tap/click accept when you receive them until you tap accept in your Inbox they will stay there until you accept them only after you accept they will enter so leave them there and only accept them when you need...

At least that's how I do it...

(I don't know your language so just in case I will translate my print into English, if by any chance you don't understand it, tell me your language so I can post the print in it)...

This player called Gary donated several lives to me, the envelope icon with a heart shows how many lives I can store, that is, I can store 200 lives and I am saving 21, these 21 are the lives that were donated to me by Gary...

If I mark them and press "to accept" I will lose them because I already have 5 lives as shown in the counter next to my photo, that is, I will only mark them and press "to accept" when I have no more lives ...

• BklynCwgrl2022
    Options

I understand you perfectly...thank you. For all these years I have done the same thing...my 200 lives would replenish each time I used them. Now they don't. I do nothing differently tan always.

• Espiralado
    Options

But how so? What happened to your game? I mean... you press "accept" and they don't enter/account, is that it?

Has the Inbox feature disappeared from your game? When you wrote "Now they don't." Who do you mean by "They"? Did not quite understand your answer... 😕

• BklynCwgrl2022
    Options

All my lives were accumulated in the 200. Now they don't.

• Espiralado
    Options

Does this mean you are no longer receiving lives?

I thought it was ridiculous that they removed the scoreboard with the option to send lives when completing a level, I suspect that's why many aren't receiving it as the majority seemed to send it through that scoreboard and now with it disappearing, they either don't know Inbox or not the ficsm opening to send lives one by one to each.

• BklynCwgrl2022
    Options

That's what I've been saying. I am not receiving any new lives.

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 195 Level 2
    Options

Hi @BklynCwgrl2022 when you say you are not receiving new lives are you requesting any, I saw on you picture that you had lots of friends asking for lives, you need to do the same. If you are requesting and not getting any you might need new friends.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,407 Level 5
    Options

I had my lives full at 200 for a long time. I did not use them for a long time but then when I did they did not get replenished, so this seems to be happening to everybody.

Maybe this is the cause: Remember how suddenly King reduced the lives you were allowed to use from friends to 20 per 24 hour. This meant many of us accumulated 200 lives we weren't allowed to use. I had so many lives I could NOT use that I became complacent and no longer requested or sent lives. I can imagine that like myself at this point a lot of players who had those 200 lives in their in box stopped sending and requesting lives thinking "What's the point?". Also at the same time King introduced harder and harder levels (legendary, no more lucky boards, players stuck for weeks on one level...) which probably caused a lot of my friends to quit the game altogether. They no longer exist in the Candy Crush world and we should all make a clear out of our friends list. There is no point sending lives to someone who has deleted the game.

My suggestion is: Note which level your friends are on. It says so in my friends list (not the envelope but if I click on my icon and then on "friends") If they are still on the same level a week or two later then they probably no longer play Candy Crush and should be deleted. Invite new friends instead, using those suggested by the game. Send and request lives from every friend on your list daily (or more often) and see what happens. I now do receive lives again, but only since I started requesting them. Some of my old friends have stopped sending them and I fear they no longer play, but some of the new friends send lives regularly. The system isn't broken, but too many players have disappeared from the game whilst their icons are still in your list.

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 195 Level 2
    Options

Hi @christinewupp, I did do that about a week ago, I went through my friends list wrote down all there levels and after 1month when they had not progressed I ended up deleting about 10, I am still doing this with my remaining friends, as some of them also seem to have stopped. I give them I month in case they have gone on holidays.😊

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,412 Legend
    edited September 2023
    Options

That is a common complaint lately Brooklyn. Personally I don't suffer from the same issue yet, but I don't play that often or for long. When I do play it is rare that I use all of my twenty lives. When I do/did I always received enough lives to keep my lives at 200. This was still the case when we could use twenty lives every six hours.

Personally I think what has caused your issue of not receiving lives is the recent removal of the level ranking. The level ranking that appeared at the bottom of a level also inlcuded the Send Lives button. It would appear that the removal of the Send Lives button has stopped a lot of people sending lives. It is unclear if they have stopped because they don't know they can still send lives, or they have stopped as a protest.

The result of all this is that if you want to receive lives you have to request them now as people can no longer send them to you easily otherwise.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?