Weekly race against people I don't know

Options
lady_jaga
lady_jaga Posts: 3 Newbie

Is anyone getting fed up about racing people who you don't know in a weekly race? I have a handful of Facebook Friends added, and I don't mind racing levels against people I know. But CCS makes me compete against some random people who all of a sudden overtake me on the last day or pass 100 levels?! Ridiculous. I don't want to add any random players, and I am so tired of working hard so then imaginary friends are taking the top spot.

Not enjoying Candy Crush at all recently

Comments

• selianth
    selianth Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

Here's the interesting thing about the Weekly Race - the people that you're competing against aren't necessarily the same people that they are competing against! One time a real-life friend of mine sent me a screenshot of her weekly contest, and I saw that I was on her list - it was definitely my Facebook profile picture and name. But SHE wasn't on MY list! I don't think the race is simultaneous - I think they probably just take data from people who have already finished the levels you're starting from.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,037 Level 5
    Options

Oh, how interesting! I love little snippets like this that explain how the game works and it does go hand in hand with how King run the Episode Race and Candy Royale, which are definitely competitions where players compete with others who went before them. I could well imagine the weekly race also not being simultaneous. I always now seem to be competing against someone hard to catch up. Last week I completed over 200 levels and still didn't win because the imposter had over 300 levels! It's definitely fixed somehow.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?