boosters are gone

Options
Bob_Blues
Bob_Blues Posts: 1 Newbie

All my boosters I have earned are GONE !!! 41 color bombs, 30+ hammers, 50+ switch piece, wheels, fish , wrapped candy ALL GONE!!! Happened between levels 754 and 755. PLEASE FIX!!

Best Answer

• Randle
    Randle Posts: 1,977 Level 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Ja,

We´re in the same boat and I´m just trying to help by letting you know what worked for me.

I don´t think a company can make money out of providing their players with free boosters on a daily base; rather sounds like the contrary to me. Some of my friends do not spend a dime and are over level +1000.

Indeed, if you use Android you can use your App manager to adjust settings and you should visit your Google Play account for any adjustments in your settings regarding updates.

Answers

• Randle
    Options

Hey Bob,

Been there too and learned the hard way.

Trust me: don't save too many free boosters nor lives. Use and enjoy them instead mate.

If you don't, you risk to lose those after updating the app or after reinstalling the app. This type of data gets overwritten when doing an update. Levels and Gold Bars remain the same.

If you have paid for boosters, then you can simply restore your purchases.  

• Ja-2
    Ja-2 Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

So, Randle, the boosters aren't really ours unless we bought them, that seems like something King should fix before thousands of us leave in frustration.  I lost almost as many yesterday as Bob did.  All the time I spent on earning those boosters was just a huge waste.  I will not make that mistake again.  I'm not going to spend time earning something they can just take away, that sounds too much like income tax to me and I already pay much more than my fair share.

• wopi17
    wopi17 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Hey Bob,

Trust me: don't save too many free boosters nor lives. Use and enjoy them instead mate.

If you don't, you risk to lose those after updating the app or after reinstalling the app. This type of data gets overwritten when doing an update. Levels and Gold Bars remain the same.

Randle, can you explain how to "simply restore your purchases?" I can't find where/how to do it. :( Thanks!
  • Randle
    Options

Hey Ja,

don´t get me wrong buddy. There's a simple solution and lies in your hands.

Make sure you switch off the automatic updates on your device; only update once you have used all your saved boosters and lives.

Cheerio

• Randle
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hey Bob,

Hey wopi17, yup, of course, it's really simple. Open the game app and go to settings. Once in settings, scroll down to 'restore purchases' and that's it!
  • Ja-2
    Options

Your simple solution will not return what is gone.  The solution to the problem to all the thousands of missing boosters that players have lost lies ONLY in King's power and it isn't going to be solved because it's money in the bank for them.

I have learned so far that to find out how to switch off automatic updates for Candy Crush I will not learn it on King.com I will have to go to Google.  If I don't just get rid of this game, that's what I'll do.  

• Randle
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Ja,

We´re in the same boat and I´m just trying to help by letting you know what worked for me.

I don´t think a company can make money out of providing their players with free boosters on a daily base; rather sounds like the contrary to me. Some of my friends do not spend a dime and are over level +1000.

Indeed, if you use Android you can use your App manager to adjust settings and you should visit your Google Play account for any adjustments in your settings regarding updates.

• Ja-2
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hey Ja,

Randle, you did not understand what I meant when I said it's money in the bank for King not solving the missing boosters problem. When a person gets used to having boosters and using them, one might buy them he one runs out of them, $$$ for King. Regarding adjusting settings regarding updates, I have learned that the maker of my device has designed it so we cannot turn off automatic updates. To do that, my only option is to disconnect from the Internet but that would make this device rather useless. I have no Google Play account, as until recently (if, indeed that change has been made) this device could not use Google Play. You said we're in the same boat and you're just letting me know what worked for you...the boat I'm in, along with SO many others, is the one where our numerous boosters disappeared and we want them returned to us. So, Randle, what worked for you? How did you get your missing boosters? Again, your "simple solution" does NOT provide a solution. Actually, I think you have missed the boat on the entire question which is: how do we get our lost boosters returned and is King going to fix this problem?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?