Days to claim prizes won in weekly race

Options
fireflyata
fireflyata Posts: 29 Level 2

Hello! If anyone can help me, how many days do I have to claim the prizes I've won in weekly race before they are forfeited? This is my third consecutive weekly race win so aside from the regular prizes (weekly) I also won the prizes in the chest box which is quite a lot of timed boosters. However, I would like to accept the prizes on Thursday Nov 2 evening at 7pm so I can use it for another contest, the halloween contest I think. All the rewards are available on Oct. 30 at 8am which is Monday, the end of weekly race. It is flashing in my event tab. Will the rewards not be forfeited already if I open and accept it on Thursday evening. That's almost 83hrs. Thank you. 😁

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 149,662 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Thank you for the feedback. This issues has been reported to the game team . Unfortunately we're not able to handle missing rewards through the community but please follow these steps HERE on how to get intouch with our Player Support Team that handles these issues.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,722 Legend
    edited October 2023
    Options

@fireflyata If anyone can help me, how many days do I have to claim the prizes I've won in weekly race before they are forfeited?

It is strange Fireflyata I thought that when you won the reward for coming first in the Weekly Contest that the rewards were forced on to you when you first opened the game on a Monday.

I have just checked and I have got a claim button for coming second this week, which I don't remember ever seeing before. I am not sure if I just don't win often enough to notice the claim button, or if this is a recent change.

Anyway, King are too inconsistent with their approach to features to categorically give you an answer.

Sometimes, when timed boosters are involved, the claim button is just for show. That is, when timed boosters are provided as rewards they start running the moment they are offered to you and the claim button doesn't have to be pressed for you to receive the reward.

Other times the claim button does work and the timed boosters don't start and you don't receive the rewards until the claim button is pressed.

A good example of your issue is the Season Pass. The timed booster that is provided as a reward in that feature has a claim button that works, but once the feature has reached the end of its time limit any unclaimed rewards are automatically given to you.

Based on that I would be tempted to say that your claim button on the Weekly Contest will expire as soon as you play any level. I could be wrong though.

• fireflyata
    fireflyata Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options

@Alienscar Thank you for your insightful comment. I didn't wait for Thursday to claim the said rewards. But I was able to wait until Monday afternoon to claim it after 9 hours of being available. As you said King is too inconsistent with their aproach to giving rewards. I read plenty of comments wherein players don't get the rewards they earned. It's just that since I'm an avid player of Candy Crush saga and getting that kind of prizes, I want to be able to use it and get plenty more from winning events. That said events are not available on Monday morning so it's a waste to claim it early especially the timed ones.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,722 Legend
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @fireflyata actually after you posted your question I thought I would leave my second place Weekly Contest reward for a day to see what happens. I didn't play until Tuesday afternoon and the reward was still waiting to be claimed. Thinking about it now I wish I had played a level first before claiming my reward on Tuesday. This would have provided me a better understanding of the feature. If I ever win a Weekly Contest prize again I will not claim it until Thursday and post the result here.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?