2»

Comments

• King_Neal
    King_Neal Posts: 1,584 Level 4
    Options

Hello @Crazy Cat Lad and @LindQ

Continuing with third new episode this week, levels 9066-9080

Day 5

Level 9066 - First try with no boosters, came fairly close to finishing the level. Second try, decided to start with a color bomb to try to open things up faster and it seemed to help some. Got a color bomb/wrapped combo midway through the level that really opened things up. From there is was a matter of careful planning and moves to finish the level with two moves left. I actually enjoyed this level because it allowed for plenty of choices in making moves in the beginning, and for good strategy and plan later in the level.

Level 9067 - First try, didn’t do well. This level has lots of caramel swirls and licorice and it’s really difficult to get to the protected bubblegum pops at the bottom.

Second try, started with color bomb and striped/wrapped boosters but still couldn’t pop even one bubblegum pop at the bottom. New strategy, concentrate on bubblegum pops and let the rest of the level be taken care of by collateral damage.

Third try, started with color bomb and striped/wrapped boosters but still didn’t pop any bubblegum pops and finished with 18 jellies.

Fourth try, started with color bomb, striped/wrapped, and fish boosters and another striped/wrapped booster from the ad wheel. Finally did pop a bubblegum pop but finished with 15 jellies.

Board is too tight to use starting boosters, so going without boosters at the start of the level from here on.

Try 5: 17 jellies left

Try 6: 10 jellies left

Try 7: 1 jelly left - so close!

Try 8: 17 jellies left

Try 9: 24 jellies left

Try 10: 19 jellies left

Try 11: 18 jellies left

Try 12: I got a super lucky board with multiple color bombs that would go off an cause cascades that created more colors bombs. I must have had 10 color bombs this time. Even with that, I still had 4 jellies and a bubblegum pop left with one move left. I had one color bomb left, so I made my last move expecting to lose again, but suddenly I saw the check mark saying I completed the level. This was completely unexpected and I was totally surprised. 

Bottom line, I really disliked this level. Pure luck, no skill, no planning, no strategy. Just mindless playing waiting for that lucky board.

Level 9068 - Try one, started with color bomb, striped/wrapped and another striped/wrapped won on the ad wheel. Didn’t do well at all. This level appears impossible, but there must be a strategy I’m missing.

Try 1: 31 frosting, 1 licorice left

Try 2: Started with color bomb, striped/wrapped and another color bomb won on the ad wheel.

Try 2: 45 frosting, 0 licorice left

Ran out of lives and so I’m done for the day. I only got through two levels today, and they were all I could handle. Hopefully things will go better on day 6.

• King_Neal
    King_Neal Posts: 1,584 Level 4
    Options

Hello @Crazy Cat Lad and @LindQ

Day 6: Level 9068 Continued 

Got 60 minutes of color bombs from F5 team, so started with color bomb, and two striped/wrapped boosters. Had pretty good board on this third try that finally cleared the cake bomb which opened things up quite a bit, but still had 39 frosting with less than 10 moves left. Had a couple of well placed striped/wrapped combos that cleared out all the frosting except 13 all grouped together at the very bottom. I decided that I would probably never do this well again, so I used my last UFO to get all but three of the frosting. Made a few moves and got another striped/wrapped combo that cleared two of the last three with one move left. Was going to use a hammer if necessary, but ended up with my last move clearing the last frosting for yet another “Super Sugar Crush” where I clear a level on my last move on my third try.

This level was ridiculously difficult and without the UFO, I don’t know how long it might have taken to finish. Needless to say, I didn’t enjoy this level much.

Level 9069 - I can’t believe it, but I finished this level on my first try. I started with two color bombs, one from my F5 timed booster and one from the ad button, and a striped/wrapped booster. The two color bombs were almost next to each other, so I used a hand switch to put them together and that cleared almost all the licorice in the bottom section. I cleared a couple of keys and the locked divider opened and released a couple of cherries and it all dropped to the lower section. A few moves later, I got the cherries to the bottom and thought this level was too easy, even with the two color bombs to start. It was only then that I realized I still needed three more cherries and they were locked! So I work on getting the keys and I finally unlock the last cherries with two moves left. I’m thinking there is no way I’m getting those cherries down in two moves, so I make my best move and get them almost down, but unbelievably right next to all three cherries are two wrapped candies right next to each other. I set that off for the last move and it dropped the last three cherries, finishing the level on my last move (AGAIN)!

I feel lucky to have finished this one on my first try, and I’m thinking without the boosters, this would have been another really difficult level.

Level 9070 - Another level that I completed on my first try. I started with two color bombs, one from my F5 timed booster and one from the ad button, and a striped/wrapped booster. The two color bombs were actually next to each other this time so I set that combo off and that cleared all the licorice locks on the board. From there on, I had an incredibly lucky board with color bombs appearing on almost every move along with several well timed color bomb/wrapped combos. The number of color bombs I got on this board was crazy, and everything just fell into place and I easily finished the level with a few moves left. It ended up being a fun level, but only because everything just fell into place perfectly. I really could not say if this level would be difficult or not based on how it all came together for me.

Level 9071 - Another crazy set of circumstances on this level that I finished on my first try in 6 moves with 19 moves left. I started with two color bombs, one from my F5 timed booster and one from the ad button, and a coconut wheel booster. Once again, the two color bombs ended up next to each other and setting that off cleared nearly everything on the board and only left a few caramel swirls left to clear to drop the one cherry. It only took five more moves to drop the cherry and finish the level. Once again, I couldn’t tell you if this would be a hard level or not, but with the right boosters in the right places at the start, it was super easy.

Level 9072 - I had what I thought was a really good board, but it then fizzled. Looks like another really hard level.

Try 1: 24 Jellies, 3 Frosting, 0 Licorice 

Try 2: 28 Jellies, 10 Frosting, 0 Licorice 

Try 3: Decided boosters were needed, so started with a color bomb, a striped/wrapped, and another color bomb from the ad button. The color bombs were almost next to each other, so I used a hand switch to put them adjacent and set them off which made quite a dent in the board and cleared a lot of the keys. From there, I got a fair number of special candies and combos which helped clear a lot more. What really sealed it though, was out of the blue, two color bombs ended up next to each other again. Setting those off really cleared things out and it was just a matter of careful planning and moves to finish the level with 3 moves left. I think this would have been a really hard level, but the boosters and lucky board really helped me get through it. At least the board is open enough that the player has plenty of move to choose from and can try to implement a strategy. Pretty good level overall, but still very difficult, especially without boosters.

Level 9073 - Level starts off pretty tight, but with some patience, it opens up a little. It’s still a very challenging level, and I didn’t do well on try 1. Going to use starting boosters of color bomb and striped/wrapped to see if it helps

Try 1: 14 Jellies left

Try 2: 8 Jellies left

Try 3: 7 Jellies left

Try 4: Finished the level with a hammer and one move left. The starting boosters helped open things up a bit, and some good use of special candies really helped clear a lot more, but what really sealed it was towards the end I had around 8 jellies left with about 5 moves left. I had one color bomb and was going to use it to clear around half of the 8 remaining jellies, but I saw there were 5 candies in a row on the conveyor belt that I could make into another color bomb when it next moved. I made a useless move way off to the side so as not to mess up the conveyor, and sure enough, I was able to create the second color bomb with my third to last move. Luckily, it ended up almost next to my other color bomb, so I used a hammer to get them adjacent and set that off with two moves left. That cleared all but one jelly with one move left. Since I had no moves that would get that last jelly, I used a hammer to finish it off. This was another very difficult level, but with some boosters and good planning, I was able to finish it. I’m pretty proud of how I played this level because without the clever planning at the end, I wouldn’t have gotten through it.

Level 9074 - This is more of the classic thinking players problem solving level that requires careful planning to maximize your chances of finishing. That said, this is not an easy level.

Try 1: 8 Swirls left

Try 2: 1 Swirl left

Try 3: Finished on the last move! Just as I surmised on my first try, this level required lots of planning and just a little luck. I had pretty good luck on this level, but move choice and strategy are key, and it all came together just perfectly and I was able to finish the level on my last move. Well designed and well thought out level. Just difficult enough to make it challenging, but doable with planning and strategy.

Level 9075 - This level has lots of aggravating magic mixers, tons of marmalade coated candies and licorice shells and appears super difficult. Didn’t come close on the first try. I’m not sure if it is possible to develop a strategy, but getting rid of the magic mixers seems to be the best approach. 

Try 1: 25 jellies

Try 2: Finished on last move. I got a lucky board that had enough special candies to allow a decent attack on all the magic mixers and I cleared them all with 9 moves left. I used 8 moves and cleared all but two jellies and had to use a hammer and a hand switch to clear the last two. I think I was very lucky to finish this level in two tries, without a lucky board it could take many more tries than two to complete it.

Level 9076 - Super Hard level, but I started with a color bomb, a striped/wrapped, and another color bomb from the ad button. The two color bombs ended up almost next to each other so I used a hand switch to put them next to each other. Setting that off opened up the board quite a bit and brought Samantha into play. Using Samantha and the readily available color bombs allowed me to implement a good strategy for getting through the level. At the end, I needed a hammer to clear the level with one move left on my first try. Strangely enough, I tend to do much better on Super Hard and Nightmarishly Hard levels for some reason. Once again, having Samantha in play allowed for some great planning, thinking, and strategy. This was a really fun and satisfying, yet difficult level that was well designed and implemented.

Level 9077 - Luckily, I started the level with two color bombs right next to each other and setting that off opened the board up from the start. From there, it was just a matter of selecting the best moves and I finished the level on my first try with seven moves left. A fun, classic Candy Crush level that was enjoyable and satisfying.

Level 9078 - Two color bombs next to each other cleared all the licorice and dropped 4 of the six required cherries right away. Used most of the remaining moves to get the last two cherries down and finished with 8 moves left on my first try. This probably would have been a challenging level if I hadn’t gotten the two color bombs next to each other at the start. That said, the design seems pretty good in giving the player plenty of moves to choose from to plan their strategy.

Level 9079 - First two tries, I had two color bombs right next to each other which helped clear all the marmalade from the licorice, but I had a hard time getting to the sour skulls. The next two tries, I didn’t come close to clearing the licorice or the sour skulls. It appears that the sour skulls are the primary target and everything else is going to have to be collateral damage.

Try 5: 51 jellies, 4 licorice left

Try 6: 49 jellies, 5 licorice left 

Try 7: Finished with 2 moves left. I got a lucky board with enough special candies to finally get to the sour skulls with about 9 moves left. After clearing the sour skulls, the board was wide open and allowed for planning moves that let me finish the level easily after that. The level looked very difficult, but with just a few special candies at the right time, the licorice could be cleared and the sour skulls could be accessed. After that, the level was completed without too much trouble. 

Level 9080 - I finished this level on my first try. I thought this was a well designed level that rewards the player for making careful, planned moves. I played each move to accomplish the specific goals of the level and was able to finish with a few moves left. The board wasn’t too cramped so I always had multiple moves to choose from to implement my strategy. I enjoyed this level, it was fun and satisfying.

Summary of third new episode this week, levels 9066-9080:

Overall, really difficult but not as bad as the first episode, which was ridiculously difficult. At least I finished the three new levels before the new ones come out in about a day. I usually finish them twice as fast, so the last three episodes were much harder than usual. I really didn’t enjoy them as much as I usually do. I hope the difficulty will be rolled back a bit to what is was in the mid 8000’s. Since about 8700 or so, it seems like the levels have gotten harder and harder. It reaches a point where the fun factor gets lost in the difficulty. I hope the designers don’t lose sight of the fun factor and try to minimize the frustration factor of levels that require pure luck and are so tight that there are almost no move choices and numerous reshuffles. For some reason, the levels with Samantha end up being fun, yet challenging. If you read through my thoughts on all the levels, you should get a good idea of which level designs are enjoyable.

Thanks for the opportunity to help contribute to future level designs that will be fun, fair, challenging, and satisfying.

• spiller
    spiller Posts: 135 Level 3
    Options

Since passing 9000 level. I’ve not been able to pass any on first try with booster or without.

so many levels get close but leave me with one still to clear.

9047 I’ve been on for 6 days and getting no where but offered extra 125 moves for gold bars-that speaks volumes!!!! It’s not even a super hard level, just ordinary level.

Not happy. And I’m still stuck with the confounded music unable to turn off since latest update. My requests for help are ignored. ☹️🥲

• spiller
    Options

Seriously 9051 level is a total waste of time and boosters!!

Who thinks these levels up 🤪?

I keep asking why won’t the app MUTE?????

Updates are not helping or King!!!!

• spiller
    Options

Just checked online.

9051 originally was 35 moves to collect 2

My 9051 is shown as 23 moves to collect 4.

Used an hour of all boosters and didn’t get close but I was asked to use or buy gold bars 😳

Come on play fair on a fair platform of amusement not ripping people off 🙏

• spiller
    Options

Was 33 moves, clear 68 jellies and collect 4.

NOW it’s 19 moves, clear 110 jellies collect 4

i can’t keep up with the unfair platform.

Why do you ask and do nothing? Does King enjoy player’s frustration 🤔☹️

AGAIN!! Mute is not a function-please fix!!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?