This feature is 100% worthless and no trust

Options
Yorben_Goeree
Yorben_Goeree Posts: 3,866 Level 5

Please don’t use this feature (see my screenshot)! Because, I will tried to play already 30 NEW levels for collect all 8 rare gems, but I see still ZERO gems of green candies from new levels and old levels. I don’t trust for this feature. 👎🏻

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,056 Legend
    edited November 2023
    Options

You can only collect the gems by completing new levels on the first attempt @Yorben_Goeree

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 535 Level 3
    Options

OMG, @Yorben_Goeree said he played 30 NEW levels. I've played new levels as well and haven't seen a gem.

I'm guessing it's just another damn test that not all of us are included in.

Oh well, it is what it is. Microsoft and Zuckerberg are doing great at making this game fun again! LOL

• Alienscar
    Options

OMG @Rhonda_L, I know, but Yorben didn't say they completed the new levels on their FIRST attempt. I have collected six of eight gems, but I only 'saw' one of them.

• Arrowflinger
    Arrowflinger Posts: 322 Level 3
    Options

It took me 30 new levels all passed first time to collect all 8 of the green gems. I got 4 on each episode. Both times I got them 4 levels apart and an extra one on one of the final 3 levels of the episode. The 8th and final one appeared on the 30th level.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,137 Level 5
    Options

What is the point of this event anyway? The prize is hardly worth the effort and the "final" we are going into tomorrow is just another leaderboard with rubbish prizes at the end. I think this is the worst of all the events the game has. And they've made the boards harder to pass this week as well, taking the fun out of playing. Don't bother with this event, folks, and keep your playing energies for the pot of gold !

• Alienscar
    Options

What's the point of any Event @christinewupp?

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,137 Level 5
    Options

I suppose that was a rhetorical question, but I answer anyway.

I'd say the point is having fun playing. The balance needs to be right between the difficulty to pass levels and the reward we get for passing them. Without events I'm not sure there would be a lot of fun left in the game for me now. I enjoyed the Candy Cup because I was pitting my wits against real players who like me were trying to outwit the game algorithms, so it was a sort of race between experts at outwitting the game! I enjoyed that. Playing just against the algorithm is getting so boring now as the pre determined nature of the game has become far too obvious as of late. The main "game" is essentially just watching candies drop now, more a spectator thing than interactive play.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,669 Community Manager
    Options

Hello Yorben,

Thank you for providing your feedback about the Gem Hunt!

I want to confirm that these special gem candies can appear randomly on both new and older levels.

These gem candies are quite rare, so it's possible to play several levels without finding any. But don't give up! Keep playing, and you might just stumble upon them. 😉

Remember, the level you're playing must contain green candies, and you have to successfully complete the level for any special gems collected to count.

At times, these special gems might get matched within a cascade, making them easy to miss. If you happen to lose the level, unfortunately, any collected candies will be lost as well.

Your feedback is incredibly valuable, and I'll gladly pass it along to our development team. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! 👍

• Alienscar
    edited November 2023
    Options

It seems to me @christinewupp that the Cup was a competition between people that had the most gold, boosters and free time rather than anything else.

Personally I wish King would give events a miss for awhile as I could do without the constant pop-ups slowing my game down. I really can't remember a time an Event hasn't been going on this entire year. Collect this, collect that, complete levels I just find each and every event to be a reskinned version of each other, and because of this I find it makes the game boring. I much prefer just trying to complete the levels without the unnecessary, and, possibly money orientated, events getting in the way.

What is the point of this event anyway? 

I'd say the point is having fun playing. 

I guess you answered your own question. Some people take fun just from participating rather than worrying about what the rewards are.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?