We definitely all play a very different game - so unfair!

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,037 Level 5

Hey ho! So my one game at level 3921 I just had a fun time passing an entire episode in under 19 minutes! I had won Sam's Streak, so 10 minutes of party poppers on each level plus the daily win (a great combo and such fun for a speed crusher like I am) giving me 15 minutes of one free UFO per level! Then in this game I have the best win streak ever, which is 2 of each booster on the starting board from win streak level 3 onwards: 2 colour bombs, 2 wrapped and 2 striped candies.

In contrast there is poor little Sunflower, still stuck on the first level of her episode at 2361. After 35 attempts (I never use boosters or gold on the first level of an episode, on principle) still no luck. Crashed out of Candy Royale. Lost Sam's streak. Gets a worse version of the win streak, (IF she ever gets back on a top win streak only one colour bomb). Almost out of boosters and no events to play using old levels. In fact this game does not even have the Season Pass any more for the first week ever!! I can only assume this is the deliberate attempt to make me use the Party Poppers I won in the Candy Cup.

Dream on! I can wait. After all I have my other fun game of Candy Crush to play.

It does illustrate beautifully how unfair this game is. The haves get richer (in gold bars) the have nots are left by the wayside. It's so much like the real world, it hurts.

(If anyone from King reads this and wants me to post sweet things instead, then please feel free to tweak level 2361 to make it passable. )

Comments

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    Options

No, the difference is that some players know how to use cheats to cheat the game.

• christinewupp
    Options

The fact that one of my games gets a better wins streak, better events and also more lucky boards than the other has nothing whatsoever to do with cheating.

You aren't completely off the mark though. In fact, the whole purpose of starting my Sunflower game was to see how far I can get without using any cheats or, shall I say, not taking advantage of those loopholes in the algorithm I know about. I am just so sad that after having enjoyed this little honest game so much, and even winning the Candy Cup, I am being rewarded by King like this! They should reward honest players and they should reward those who spend money on the game. Instead they penalise anyone who spends money and reward those players who, by whichever means, have a lot of boosters and accumulated gold bars. So yes, indirectly they are rewarding the cheaters!

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 617 Level 3
    Options

@christinewupp What you said is correct and in a way sad. I think we kinda knew deep down inside that there are many different algorithms being played by players. You just proved it.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited December 2023
    Options

Edited by simps...

• christinewupp
    Options

Ah, the Candy Gods at King Headquarters have finally given me that lucky board at level 2361 ( after 60-odd attempts), thank you! So all is sweet again: Lucky boards all around and able to make a gold profit from the Champions Race. It's hard going playing with so few boosters, but all the more satifying when you succeed, I find.

Conclusion being: Yes, we do all play a different game, but it levels out with the next update of the game, so maybe it's fairer than I thought. If you don't cheat, then I think you need to be aware of which type of game King have given you and adjust your strategy to what the game is wanting you to do. Keep adjusting, because the game keeps changing. That's the best way I think. If you cheat, then just keep bashing away at levels I guess. But is that really as much fun? I don't think it is.

• karasuno
    karasuno Posts: 112 Level 2
    Options
    It's definitely not fair. Some levels are never passed unless you play more.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 838 Level 3
    Options

I was playing around with "seeds" at the low level. It is nuts.

Scenario 1

Download the app, windows in this case, make an account and play the game. You will not trigger a "seed" for your game. It is a generic catch all one.

1. Level 11 you will not trigger the piggy bank nor 50 free gold and any event stuff will not start.
    2. A banner showing the "zone" name and now many levels you have passed as you play.
    3. New features will not appear, ie menu options.

Note: when you close and open the app it does seem to trigger the gold and pig on the next level you play but I am not sure if that is always 100%. Likely you don't miss these in the end.

Scenario 2

You download the game, make an account, close the app then play (after level 1).

1. You will see the icon blink to something else then go to your personalized one, if you have it, or change the default one. This is the seed.
    2. Level 11 will trigger the gold and pig on a win and around 35ish the event will start.
    3. The zone banner will not display
    4. New features will show up

This might be an intentional design choice but it does seem odd you have to close the app to trigger some of the version changes/tests.

Scenario 3

Same as two but close at 10 as well

1. You will see the icon blink to something else then go to your personalized one, if you have it, or change the default one. This is the seed.
    2. Level 11 will trigger the gold and pig on a win and around 35ish the event will start.
    3. The zone banner will not display
    4. New features will show up
    5. Got the old text for the first cherry level but the gummie dragons.
    6. Next level got the tutorial for gummie dragons

Scenario 4

The holidays mess everything up (to level 51 then play again the next day)

1. Episode race will not trigger at all
    2. Other normal events are all over the place when they pop

I could be wrong but it feels like every time you close the app, I assumed only seeded once the first time, the seed changes and you while you don't lose any of the super basic stuff, what you will trigger changes dramatically.

It makes me want to stab myself in the brain.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?