Rip-Off Game

Options
bitelson
bitelson Posts: 1 Newbie

This game is a rip-off! You can't pass levels unless you pay money! I'm past level 4000 and I have to play each level sometimes hundreds of times before I pass. A game that only makes you pay money and almost never win levels is just no fun to play, period.

I think we have to part ways.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,751 Level 5
    Options

I agree that once you are past level 4000 a lot of the levels require boosters to pass. So anyone out of boosters and out of gold to buy boosters will struggle to play on. Paying to "play" is just downright stupid though, because paying money to pass levels is not "playing" at all in my view, it is merely watching candies drop. Players should ask themselves what are they actually paying money for? If it's to have the fun and enjoyment of playing a game, then it may be money well spent. But if spending money on Candy Crush is not giving you a fun time in return, then indeed it is time to part ways.

• snowcrab
    snowcrab Posts: 25 Level 2
    Options

I’m getting close to level 9000 and I do not spend even one cent on this game. You must be patient and simply play until you win. I admit CC is less fun than it used to be, especially with the horrible candy royale. A few small tweaks and it could be so much better.

• Jls1993
    Jls1993 Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options

Agreed. I must shamefully admit, that after level 4000, I’ve spent lots of money on this game. Yes it’s possible to pass a level without paying, but after playing a level 100+ times I just want to move on. But then I realized these levels are set up that way. After so many games of seeing ‘if I had just one more move, I could’ve won’.. I realized this is a money strategy from the creators. Then, I stopped giving them my money. Yes, the levels are possible without boosters, but what are the odds?? Now that I see it’s all a money grab, I use my lives, and play other games until I’m ready to try CC again. I refuse to give this game another dollar

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,751 Level 5
    Options

"What are the odds?" is not the right question to ask when playing a level of CandyCrush as this question suggests that there is a random element in the way the candies drop and that luck can win a level. However, the game boards are pre determined and there is no luck involved in this game at all. There is a small amount of skill involved, such as recognising patterns and understanding the algorithms, knowing which boosters to play at which point. But luck? No. None whatsoever. King decide by the way they tweak the algorithms if a player will pass without much trying, fail whatever they do, win if they take advantage of all the right opportunities, or if they will be just one move or blocker short from passing with their last move. It's written into the game by King. So don't spend money on the game unless you are happy with this degree of manipulation.

• omajackpot
    omajackpot Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited December 2023
    Options

Wow. I am just seeing this. I have also been paying close attention when making in app purchases as the system charges you double. I am getting no assistance what so ever. I was away in August and had no internet connection. I did not play the game at all yet there were multiple purchases. My Apple Pay said it was an in app mistake. When I got no assistance I closed my apple account. Now I pay close attention and even now I am being charged double for bundles that I purchase. *

*Edited by CM:🤨 Hold on a bit! Please remember to be sweet and kind - Our House Rules 

• jusme6
    jusme6 Posts: 48 Level 2
    Options

I totally agree. I really like this game. But some of the levels are so hard. And I have spent alot of money and I just feel like the only way you get your money's worth is when they do the things where you can play for a couple hours. Like when they have 99 cent for unlimited life for an hour. Or sometimes they will do $4 for five or six hours. Other than that it you know I guess it's just entertainment like anything else. But it would be nice to be able to pass the levels without paying money. And maybe I'm just not that good at it who knows??Lol Or yes maybe it is programmed for you to lose and maybe it is unfair. Only the developers really know for sure. In a way I really feel like it's the same as gambling. Like they say The House always wins.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?